Yamaha RX-V471 connection to Hathway STB/Philips CRT TV

antardaksh

Hi All,

I have recently purchased Yamaha 471 amp and have not been able to figure out how to connect Hathway Cable STB to my Philips 21inch CRT tv through Component cable.

There is a Video-IN and Monitor-Out option at the back of TV.
There are several ports (AV and monitor out) at the back of Yamaha Amp.

I went through the manual provided by Yamaha but have no clue which AV port to choose.

Thanks

If you need occasional sound from Yamaha,you can connect Hathway directly to TV & take AV out from TV to Yamaha AV(audio video) in.
If you need sound from Yamaha always,then connect hathway stereo out to Yamaha & then connect video directly to TV.

If you need occasional sound from Yamaha,you can connect Hathway directly to TV & take AV out from TV to Yamaha AV(audio video) in.
If you need sound from Yamaha always,then connect hathway stereo out to Yamaha & then connect video directly to TV.

Thanks a lot for sharing this.
I am planing to keep Yamaha always connected to cable.
What kind of cable would I need for connecting Stereo out from TV to Yamaha.
Currently Hatnway is connected to TV using the default (red, yellow, white) cable.
100_0874.jpg
Area marked within Red box is the port used to connect Hathway STB.
Area marked within Yellow box is the port labelled "monitor out"

Thanks

The best way will be keep current connections as it is,but connect monitor out Red & White(audio out)to Yamaha.You need a stereo RCA cable.

Doing this you can use TV sound as well as Yamaha sound which ever you need.While using Yamaha,keep volume setting in TV as zero.If your TV doesnt output audio when volume is selected as zero,then connect Red & white of Hathway directly to Yamaha & yellow(video) to TV.You need separate cable for this.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back