Yamaha rx-v473/ amazon fire stick

cw45

I have direct tv, a play station and a fire stick connectEd to hdmi ports on my receiver. My question - is my fire stick using WiFi data when watching direct tv, the play station or when the receiver is in standby. Is the hdmi port powered when not in use.

I have direct tv, a play station and a fire stick connectEd to hdmi ports on my receiver. My question - is my fire stick using WiFi data when watching direct tv, the play station or when the receiver is in standby. Is the hdmi port powered when not in use.

Welcome to the forum!

I know the hdmi ports has a pass through feature that allow the video signal to be transmitted when the receiver is in stand by mode. Perhaps, this signal may allow the firestick to work normally regardless of receiver status (on or stand by off). You could verify this by putting the receiver in stand by mode and see whether you are able to access the contents via firestick on the TV.. that should give us an answer..

Firestick is constantly connected to the router. When not used actively the internet usage is minimal, just to update the index. No apps are updated unless set to update automatically. What do you mean by HDMI port is powered, sorry did not understand that.

MaSh

Firestick is constantly connected to the router. When not used actively the internet usage is minimal, just to update the index. No apps are updated unless set to update automatically. What do you mean by HDMI port is powered, sorry did not understand that.

MaSh
What I meant was is the hdmi out that the fir stick is plugged into powering it even tho not in use allowing it to use WiFi data

What I meant was is the hdmi out that the fir stick is plugged into powering it even tho not in use allowing it to use WiFi data
Shouldn't hdmi out be connected to your display? Firestick must be having its own power supply right? I don't think hdmi provides any power.

MaSh

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back