Your Best Audio Purchase of the Year!

Naim 5si had good enough power to deliver in a decent sized room. Gud tonal clarity at low and high volumes. Very musical for jazz, instrumentals type. With my setup i miss having tonal controls - bass and treble, as i like my music on warmer side and my setup delivers on slightly brighter side. It may also sound harsh at higher volumes and cause fatigue. Looking to experiment in future with tubes and room correction.
I m no audiophile, so not sure if my observations are for Amp + Speaker combo or due to Amp only.
Hope this helps

maybe you might want to look at a better source.. and Naim Naca5 speaker cable.. ( if you are already not using one )

regards

maybe you might want to look at a better source.. and Naim Naca5 speaker cable.. ( if you are already not using one )

regards
Looking for these too. Not able to find Nac A5 cable locally, only expensive options on ebay uk

search on PFM ( pinkfishmedia.net )

BTW - what speaker cable are you using now ?

regards
GLS Audio 12AWG speaker premium cable. Picked 100ft speaker roll from random brand in US when i started out few years back.
will check given site as well as with Naim dealer in Mumbai

try Belden 8477 - a good option IMO and lower price too..
Got Naim Nac A5 from a generous FM locally. Subtle improvments felt, mostly tighter cleaner bass. Feels like needs to work on room treatment or try Room correction. On a different note, received FX Tube 03 with GM tubes today for my secondary setup. Liking what i am hearing. Later will try same on main setup as well

Got Naim Nac A5 from a generous FM locally. Subtle improvments felt, mostly tighter cleaner bass. Feels like needs to work on room treatment or try Room correction. On a different note, received FX Tube 03 with GM tubes today for my secondary setup. Liking what i am hearing. Later will try same on main setup as well

Lucky you !

the naim naca 5 takes the itch and bother of speaker cable swapping away - as the naca 5 is what is recommended by Naim.

The improvements will be subtle but discernible and i suppose accessories cannot make a wholesale change to the sound.

Its like a gentle drift towards better sound.

Please do put up a pic of your system

Let your system settle down for some more time before major changes.

remember this - a perfect sound reproduction is a mirage.

We all live with our compromises.

If you are happy largely - then nothing like it.

1.The Lyric Audio Ti100 MK2 amplifier.
Glorious and highly resolving 18 SET watts per channel. With the way it drives my 91db speaker, I had to re-think if " spec watts " really mean anything.This amp is the best purchase I have done in a while.

2. JLS 's power cord.
I have written a review elsewhere. Fantastic results.

1.The Lyric Audio Ti100 MK2 amplifier.
Glorious and highly resolving 18 SET watts per channel. With the way it drives my 91db speaker, I had to re-think if " spec watts " really mean anything.This amp is the best purchase I have done in a while.
I agree, this is a superb amp. - and highly underrated. IMO it is easily amongst the very best single ended amps. available today, and its build quality is perhaps the best - beating even big names like Lamm etc.
Cheers,
Sid

I agree, this is a superb amp. - and highly underrated. IMO it is easily amongst the very best single ended amps. available today, and its build quality is perhaps the best - beating even big names like Lamm etc.
Cheers,
Sid

Yes and I am enjoying it a lot. Voxativ has been actively participating in shows with Lyric. I would love to hear the combo one day!

Without taking anything away from the thread...
The best purchase I guess would would be "NO PURCHASE", meaning you had a both soulful and pocketful audio existence continuing from 2018 :)

Naim 5si had good enough power to deliver in a decent sized room. Gud tonal clarity at low and high volumes. Very musical for jazz, instrumentals type. With my setup i miss having tonal controls - bass and treble, as i like my music on warmer side and my setup delivers on slightly brighter side. It may also sound harsh at higher volumes and cause fatigue. Looking to experiment in future with tubes and room correction.
I m no audiophile, so not sure if my observations are for Amp + Speaker combo or due to Amp only.
Hope this helps
Thanks for the reply. Sorry I'm so terribly late. I'm sure with time it will sound great.. Enjoy the music.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back