Your thoughts on Audio-GD products.

santoshmanivannan

Hey All,
Apologies for the vague title but whenever I search for anything related to Audio-GD, there are always two very heavily polarized sides of the discussion. Some really love them and some really hate them. Other brands have two-sided discussions too but it's never this polarized where one side would absolutely love it and the other side despise it this much! I wanted to post here to see if anyone has tried/owns any Audio-GD products and what their impression of the product is and if they think it's better to get that compared to cheaper available options.

For reference, I've been looking to get an Audio-GD DAC + AMP temporarily till I finish my DIY DAC but confused because of all the reviews I see.

The only way to judge is by listening. I have heard couple Audio-GD Dacs and they were good. Some sites who review products don't have them high on their measurement scale, but this is often a bit on the subjective side of audio, unless ofcourse the measurements are way off.

I am running audiogd r2r dac , preamp and power amp. It's exceptionally good for price performance value especially dac and preamp. Power amp is little on warm side. Over all its difficult to find such sound in the price band they offer. Overall sound is polite , little warm, very organic, devoid of background noise. Voices are heavenly on audiogd systems. If you like bollywood old songs, the sound is definitely suitable and you won't find better in the price range. Only downside is that the Poweramp can be sluggish and polite at times, and the system is very sensitive to cables and isolation. It's not for people who are looking for modern airy audiophile sound like luxman. Audiogd is known for organic and analogish sound which is there trademark. Some people like it and some don't . I find it very relatable to a turntable sound.

audio gd r2r dacs sounds more or less nearer to analoguish sound.their price to performance ratio is ok. i am using the r7 dac .

I have Audio-gd NFB 11 as well RME ADI 2 FS DAC, considering objective measurements they are on opposite extremes, but they both sound very good.

Audio-gd has very good build quality comes with 10 yrs warranty, it has got very good sub bass extension, very low output impedance of just 10 ohms therefore no preamp is needed if you are connecting to a power amp.

RME on the other hand has very realistic vocals and smooth sound but bass not as strong as audiogd. RME has output impedance of 100 ohms which also very good to connect to power amp directly but it costs 4 times of my Audiogd although sonically not better but just different.

I using them with my peeceebee v4h power amp and Dynaudio speakers.

Back