YouTube Music a better quality online source?

Enkay78

Dear FMs,

Last few days I happened to notice something, which to tell you the truth I didn't notice firsthand (it's only after engaging in a thread with an FM that I realised this) :

I have a Spotify premium subscription, Amazon's prime music, Jio Savn subscription and YouTube music premium subscription. I have also an ipad pro with Apple music subscription. (I know it's a lots of subscriptions. I don't howver have an iPhone, never like it). I was initially using Amazon music to listen to my many varied tastes of music. And with the settings of very high quality stream, I was not disappointed. Then Spotify happened...and I love the many fantastic curated playlists. I discovered beautiful songs that I never heard. Again my settings in Spotify is very high quality stream always.

And since I love youtube from the past, YouTube music subscription was a foregone conclusion.....as was the "always high streaming quality".

Now lately I find the YouTube music have better musicality, transparency....and soundstage (in my system of denon and Klipsch, and headphones - Sony 1000xm3, OnePlus wireless bullet earphones 2).

I have compared listening to similar songs in all ....and found YouTube music to be the best.

For example : try listening to "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman.

What do you say fellow FMs? What are your experiences?

I definitely would recommend YouTube music for higher fidelity. (I have no Tidal experience/subscription yet).

I feel youtube is applying some equalisation found some songs sound better than Spotify premium may be it's my illusion only . May be they are boosting or reducing some frequency for most peoples liking .

I feel youtube is applying some equalisation found some songs sound better than Spotify premium may be it's my illusion only . May be they are boosting or reducing some frequency for most peoples liking .
Whatever technicalities youtube is adopting, I don't understand why YouTube cannot give 5.1 input even on Premium subscription. Correct me if I am wrong.

Whatever technicalities youtube is adopting, I don't understand why YouTube cannot give 5.1 input even on Premium subscription. Correct me if I am wrong.
They do through dolby prologic. Many movies are encoded with prologic in mind and compatible receivers can decode it to 5.1. If I’m not wrong, now you can upload with 5.1audio.

It's also what I feel. Somehow YouTubeMusic sounds better than Spotify. (with the caveat that the setting is very high quality always in YouTube. Off course this means the premium experience).

Check this : Noah Kahan - False Confidence (Audio):

I have played this in prime music, Spotify, Jio Savn and YouTube Music. Listen through bothe the FS and headphones. It's no illusion YouTube music sounds better.

Apart from the quality (which of course has a bearing) YTM also has a large catalogue of regional songs which is hard to find on other platforms . However it's curated songs list seems to have some bugs. Whenever you choose a song you want to listen and if you have listened to it previously then the queue is exactly played in the same sequence which seems kind of an surprising, at the very least they could shuffle the songs in the queue.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back