ZeeTV HD, 'Kai Po Che' and 16:9 Nonsense !!

Barfi tomorrow on Zee HD. Hoping there is no nonsense this time as from the trailers it seems the AR is right. But of all the reasons, why oh why Zee HD cant get true 5.1 (for movies at least) and still getting the chance to world premiere a fantastic audio driven movie like Barfi shocks me.

PS: I just realised seeing the above SS that AR was right in kai Po che trailers as well. So I am still worried.

Horror came true! The virus has spread quickly.
Now Zee TV HD has ruined BARFI as well.
ZEE TV HD telecasting BARFI in 16:9 ratio... Morons #$^%&*&**

These channelwalas have lost their mind completely.

Horror came true! The virus has spread quickly.
Now Zee TV HD has ruined BARFI as well.
ZEE TV HD telecasting BARFI in 16:9 ratio... Morons #$^%&*&**

These channelwalas have lost their mind completely.

+1. Screw U Zee TV. As a consumer I may not be able to do anything but this degree of disappointment for the best of film of 2012 has crossed all levels of my tolerance. Will never ever forgive them for ruining this.

All I can wish for is Hope my heartfelt abuses from the deepest corners of my heart reach you and teach a lesson to the department or people or person who is responsible for this fiasco.

I have given up watching television since 3 years or so for the very reasons said by just4kix, and then the extent of advertisements which go on and on. While most importantly a simple thing be it news or whatsoever they will say with so much of twists and turns wasting our time and there by getting on our nerve.

It is much better to read a news paper for all sort of news because we can skip what ever we want and move on to the next article etc. Furthermore i am completely into E paper so this makes reading all the more better for me.

Indeed most of them prefer a television for which they are right in their own way, it all boils down to what suits a individual.

V.

I rarely watch movies on TV. Period. The reasons are quite a few:

- as stated above, cropped picture
- censored shots ... love scenes, initimate kissing, etc. just butchered away
- censored words ... even perfectly normal words such as "dog", "bitch", "shit" is censored ... it is alright if Dharmendra says "Kutte ... Kamine" but English equivalents are taboo
- anti-smoking and anti-drinking banners and subtitles while movie is running
- long ad breaks

I also wonder whether TV subscription is really worth?

- News channels? Ah! you mean cheap entertainments?
- Hindi entertainment? What's there beside cheap soaps?
- English entertainment? Have you heard what the controversy is around Comedy Channel and all the crap mentioned above applies here too.
- Movies? Don't mention them

This leaves only the information channels such as NatGeo, AP, Discovery, TLC, History, etc. which I find useful.

Last edited:
+1 , Yesterday I was curious about the BARFI and thought may be this time we will get original ratio but unfortunately they ruined this movie too. It was looking like we are watching pirated version or VCD :mad:
Star Gold/Plus and Colors are doing (mostly) a good job. Shame on you Zee TV guys.
+1. Screw U Zee TV. As a consumer I may not be able to do anything but this degree of disappointment for the best of film of 2012 has crossed all levels of my tolerance. Will never ever forgive them for ruining this.

All I can wish for is Hope my heartfelt abuses from the deepest corners of my heart reach you and teach a lesson to the department or people or person who is responsible for this fiasco.

I have to admit. I did not know this was happening on TV. I don't have HD, but was just about to upgrade. Now I am wondering what to do.

I surely need Discovery, NatGeo and Animal Planet (perhaps some other high quality and educative channels as well).

Confused.

I don't mind losing content on soaps like Star Plus, which the missus will watch. There is nothing really much to lose there.

But I was looking forward to movies on Star, HBO, MGM and others.

Are they all in the same boat?

I have to admit. I did not know this was happening on TV. I don't have HD, but was just about to upgrade. Now I am wondering what to do.

I surely need Discovery, NatGeo and Animal Planet (perhaps some other high quality and educative channels as well).

Confused.

I don't mind losing content on soaps like Star Plus, which the missus will watch. There is nothing really much to lose there.

But I was looking forward to movies on Star, HBO, MGM and others.

Are they all in the same boat?
We are discussing about cropping of 2.4:1 and such movies to 1.78:1 ratio. This reflects on HD channels only. All English HD movie channels are already cropping and zooming the movies to fit the 1.78:1 screen of the TV. Hindi movies were being shown in original aspect ratio (OAR) but now the bad practice has gone to them as well. Star Gold HD is still showing movies in OAR. SD movie channels such as HBO, MGM, WB, Pix, etc. are not affected.

Since I don't watch too many movies on DTH (I have my BDs to thank), I am least bothered.

We are discussing about cropping of 2.4:1 and such movies to 1.78:1 ratio. This reflects on HD channels only. All English HD movie channels are already cropping and zooming the movies to fit the 1.78:1 screen of the TV. Hindi movies were being shown in original aspect ratio (OAR) but now the bad practice has gone to them as well. Star Gold HD is still showing movies in OAR. SD movie channels such as HBO, MGM, WB, Pix, etc. are not affected.

Since I don't watch too many movies on DTH (I have my BDs to thank), I am least bothered.

I understand.
So, except for Star Gold HD, none of the other HD movie channels show the complete picture.
I am wondering if it makes sense for me to pay Rs. 500 per month just for Discovery and Nat Geo HD (and Star Plus HD/ Colors HD).

I understand.
So, except for Star Gold HD, none of the other HD movie channels show the complete picture.
I am wondering if it makes sense for me to pay Rs. 500 per month just for Discovery and Nat Geo HD (and Star Plus HD/ Colors HD).
That is completely your decision. :) But it is not Rs. 500 extra per month. You must be paying Rs. 300 or something for SD. It will be a shame to continue to watch SD only channels on the gem of an ST60.

That is completely your decision. :) But it is not Rs. 500 extra per month. You must be paying Rs. 300 or something for SD. It will be a shame to continue to watch SD only channels on the gem of an ST60.

I pay only Rs. 165/ month for SD - base pack with Pogo included.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back