O&B Audio amplifiers

Venkyrenga

I am looking to buy O&B SS2150 power amplifier. I currently have an Elac dbr62 driven by Audiolab 6000a. I really like the sound but the 6000a doesn't seem to have enough power to drive the dbr62 to their potential. So I am planning to use it as a preamp and the SS2150 as the power amp.

I do not seem to find many reviews about O&B amps online. So I want to hear from you guys. I really like the smoothed over and sweet sounding treble of the 6000a. So it's also important for me that the power amp doesn't affect that.

I have been using the SS2150 (upgraded power supply version) for more than one year and am very happy with it. It sounds very neutral to me; that's what I requested from Ankit during the build. I am very happy with it. But recently I asked him about monoblocks, which I am planning to build in the near future.

Check the classified section, Someone has just listed one today for amazing price. I got similar modal in white color for around 32k (including shipping) for 1 year old modal with upgraded caps.

Check the classified section, Someone has just listed one today for amazing price. I got similar modal in white color for around 32k (including shipping) for 1 year old modal with upgraded caps.
How is your experience with it? What pre amp and speakers are you using?

It is neutral amp, I am using it with Denon AVR 3800h for LR. Also, I haven't heard any other amp but this one is really heavy and seems like built to last longer. I am using it to power Q Acoustics 3030i.
Has there been any noticeable difference in the way the QA 3030i is sounding after switching to O&B from 3800h ?

Last edited:
@Blackstar Honestly I am not sure apart from one thing that is I am sure that it sounds slightly fuller and it have more punch but I think I am not noticing more difference because these QAs are not that huge and I think if I had full range tower speakers I would have noticed more difference.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back