Amazon.com Global Delivery Import Fee deposit

I ordered a BenQ W1070 projector (Sold and Fulfilled by Amazon) at Amazon.com on April 12 using Free Global Shipper option and I received it on April 23rd which is not bad for a economy shipping free of cost. Aramex was the freight carrier and I was able to track the shipment throughout.

Packing by Amazon was average (guess because I of Free shipping option). The original Benq box was placed inside a slightly bigger carton box which was kind of damaged in the corners when I received it and made be a bit worried. The BenQ box was however showed no signs of damage. The projector was in undamaged condition and works perfectly.

I am happy with the overall purchase experience with Amazon Global except for below average packing for a USD 800+ electronics item.

I did not receive any customs duty paid receipt from Aramex at the time of delivery so I am not sure if it was actually paid in my case. I know Amazon would refund any balance within next 60 days but wondering if I would get a receipt from Aramex or Amazon for the actual duty paid. Does anyone who had purchased previously got any receipt from Aramex for the duty paid during delivery?

I too bought w1070 sold and shipped by amazon.com in January 2014. The packaging was same as described above by you , but the projector box was intact. The projector was shipped through DHL and after inqirey with customer care after four /five days they mailed me custom c!earance paper which includes my name cost of product and details of duty paid. And in my case rs 1400 something was deposited extra over actually duty paid. Amazon refunded me rs 780/_ after 2 months of transaction. However no details thereof given.
Contradictory this month I bought Sony bdp and WD 2tb hard disk which was shipped through aramex. However after contacting aramex for actual duty paid, they were unable to give information stating you can get this information from amazon.
Now I am going to mail amazon .

Uttam

Thanks Vinay2013 and Uttam for your responses. Let me know how it goes with your refunds with Amazon support.

I will wait for couple more days for Amazon to get the data from Aramex and will contact Amazon support to inquire on the actual duty paid for my order.

Thanks Vinay2013 and Uttam for your responses. Let me know how it goes with your refunds with Amazon support.

I will wait for couple more days for Amazon to get the data from Aramex and will contact Amazon support to inquire on the actual duty paid for my order.

You can call Aramex and they will let you know the actual duty paid, but they did not provide the custom receipt

You can call Aramex and they will let you know the actual duty paid, but they did not provide the custom receipt

I called them and got to know the amount paid. As you mentioned, they are unable to give me a receipt. I am fine with paying the customs but not provding a copy of the receipt makes me a bit suspicious of Aramex. This could be a easy scandal unless Amazon really has some audit process to validate Aramex's claim of amount paid.

hey guyz even i am planning on buying a benq w1070 from amazon but had to clear some issues off my mind before i order it, i would be thankful if hdmaniac and uttam help me out with them
actually i am not seeing any free global shipping now how can i get free global shipping which can save me 46$

Hey guys

I received a mail from Amazon saying they are crediting back the excess duty deposit of $6 against my Acer BD5370

hey guyz even i am planning on buying a benq w1070 from amazon but had to clear some issues off my mind before i order it, i would be thankful if hdmaniac and uttam help me out with them
actually i am not seeing any free global shipping now how can i get free global shipping which can save me 46$

Looks like that offer has ended. Amazon Global Saver is now only free to Singapore and Mexico. The offer does come and go so keep a watch on this page Amazon.com Help: About FREE AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping

I bought a watch from Amazon US and it doesn't added any Import Fee and Tax at the checkout, It was just product + Shipping + Currency Conversion Fee and there was one line "Estimated Tax to be collected*: 0.00USD". I talked about this to Amazon CC twice but they don't even seems to have any proper answer to this. Tha last representative told that if their will be any charger then you can contact us and ask for a refund; and in another case you can cancel the order.

Is it really true? It's a INR20k watch is I have to pay customs then it will be 30K for me.

I bought a watch from Amazon US and it doesn't added any Import Fee and Tax at the checkout, It was just product + Shipping + Currency Conversion Fee and there was one line "Estimated Tax to be collected*: 0.00USD". I talked about this to Amazon CC twice but they don't even seems to have any proper answer to this. Tha last representative told that if their will be any charger then you can contact us and ask for a refund; and in another case you can cancel the order.

Is it really true? It's a INR20k watch is I have to pay customs then it will be 30K for me.
If its shipped directly by amazon.com under Global shipping the 99% taxes are included at the time of purchase and you are not charged while delivery. its most probably be shipped by Aramex and they will contact you if there is any taxes that need to be paid while delivery so you can decide to not take the delivery and it will return and you will receive the refund.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back