Owner/Expert view on Samy 51e8000

That Cnet review is pretty useless and does not give any in depth details.

Panasonic VT50 Vs. Samsung E8000 Flagship Plasma TVs - TelevisionInfo.com

Samsung E8000 review - FlatpanelsHD

TelevisionInfo.com

you can call them directly the price applies to whoever buys from them.

I have started a separate thread for the deal here.

http://www.hifivision.com/hot-deals/30473-samsung-ps51e8000-plasma-amazing-offer.html

I agree but again televisioninfo.com isnt again that accurate as well. Did you check the viewing angles of Samsung. a few said that its has a problem.

I agree but again televisioninfo.com isnt again that accurate as well. Did you check the viewing angles of Samsung. a few said that its has a problem.

Whether plasma or lcd, viewing angle is not something to be concerned about. No one is going to watch tv at acute angles.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Will it be advisable to use sure protector + stabilizer or only stabilizer will do?
Any advice/suggestions are really helpful...

Where did you get this info about the viewing angle?

No review is accurate and the pic varies upon viewing and lighting conditions and reflection.I like television info because it is one site which gives all measurement and also explains in detail how they actually test and what equipment they use for testing which many sites fail to inform.

Television info says 51E8000 plasma has the best viewing angle of any flat panel they ever tested.

I have received it after so many follow-up. It came to hyderabad go-dawn by 9pm and then to my place by 10:30pm

Last edited:
Will it be advisable to use sure protector + stabilizer or only stabilizer will do?
Any advice/suggestions are really helpful...

Use a good quality stabilizer preferably a 1KVA servo. :) there are some which come with inbuilt surge protection.

stay away from electronic stabilizer specially v-guard.

WOW!!! I got no words really ;)

Heartiest Congratulations buddy. That's one SWEET set you got. VT50 performance(more or less) for much lesser price

Thanks for wishes.

Since yesterday I was getting call from samsung service centre about whether I received unit or not.

After having couple of calls I came to know this is first time he is installing it and very much excited...

I don't know if that's good thing.

I have decided not to play with svc setup to check running hours as I can see Mfg Date as October 2012 but I doubt how they can put that as this is current month...

Hi folks,
I would like to paste an earlier post of mine in avforums.I want to know whether sammy e8000 is a brighter plasma than pannt 50st50.--thanks

Dirac

Thank you Steve, for your reviews.I have decided to purchase st50.
I have a Samsung 46 inch C series LED purchased one and half years ago.It is bright and colourful(dont know whether they are true colors!!). I did not find any motion issues as such when using Sony s360 blu-ray player.Everything was going fine until when I decided to get a high end player.I bought myself a denon 2012 player. The picture was terrific and sound was too good. But now the issues started. I see halos and motion blur especially around the heads of the characters. As I cannot fault my player, I finally wanted to shift to plasma.
Your review was very assuring, making me decide upon st50.
Yesterday I went to the showroom with my denon 2012 and couple of blu-rays like dark knight,sherlock holmes-2,inception. The showroom was very brightly lit.The panny was being played in dynamic mode.
I started with Sherlock holmes-2 with true-cinema mode. Suddenly I was awakened to the plasma world.
It was very dark/dim. I could'nt get the lights of the showroom switched off.I continued.As I was used to a bright LED, I wondered whether deep blacks had any meaning at all,anyway it was very black. It was difficult for me to see the main characters clearly, so I gave up looking for details in the dark.
But soon I was getting adjusted to the darkness and started to get a glimpse of the smooth and sublime picture.I could perceive the beauty of a plasma compared to my LED. But I was still not happy with the dimness.
The second chapter of the movie Sherlock-holmes-2 starts with downward panning shot.This was very smooth on st50.Even Sony 46HX850 on which I tested this clip failed earlier.
we could see the halos/motion blur on specific scenes but appeared so insignificant even when we were looking for them. This was very assuring to me.
I tested Dark knight.It gave me a totally new experience of the scenes that I had repeatedly watched.
But again, it was very dark. Infact I was straining my eyes.
None of my friends liked the tv it as it was very dark. They were also distracted by the reflection of ceiling lights.But I was too immersed into watching the scenes for pic quality that I was not distracted by them.
The reviews of this tv,especially yours, gave me enough confidence not to be bothered about reflections.
I cannot bring the tv for testing to my home.My room can be easily controlled for sunlight.So I am confident that it should be fine.
Can the brightness of the picture be increased for true-cinema mode without destroying the picture quality.I exactly dont remember the default value of it in this mode.I did not like the dynamic mode.
Do you suggest me to try 51e8000 also as I heard that brightness in that tv can be increased without much affecting the pic quality. My friend has a samsung plasma 550 and he complains that his tv is not bright enough.
Thanks for any suggestions.

16-10-2012, 7:11 PM #257
Steve Withers
Assistant Editor

A plasma will never be as bright as a LCD TV but the True Cinema mode is bright enough in my opinion, especially when watching in the evening but if you feel you want it brighter, try experimenting with the contrast control. If you follow the steps in PicturePerfect it should help: PicturePerfect : AVForums campaign to improve television pictures | AVForums.com - UK Online

I'm afraid I haven't seen the E8000, so I can't really comment.

The e8000 has some buzzing problems and is less reliable the trusted pannys with three year warranty. I also have a 46 inch Samsung b series led which has developed horizontal lines even in the best hands.

If a company gives you three years warranty as compared to Samsung or Sony it speaks loads about the reliability. My two cents.

I presume the higher size models might have a pronounced effect. The chief aspect of this plasma that would turn me in its favour would be 1)brightness and 2)motion blur.
Any ideas!
Thanks.

Hello All,

Finally I booked 51E8000 on 20th Oct i.e. Saturday and got delivery on the same day.
Yesterday(24th Evening) Samsung Engineer installed the TV.
Till now I am very happy with the quality and yet to receive the AirTel HD Box hence put it on the Tatasky normal SD.

Will update you soon for further experience.

Bye the Way : In next 10 days will receive the Samsung TAB 2 P310 which dealer is ready to take back at Rs14K.
If any buddy one is interested please let me know as the Selling price is Rs19,200.

Here is the review of E8000 plasma by a well known pro calibrator chad B, it is not always the absolute conclusion but its good to know his opinion.

After calibration:

With CS engaged, my familiar Blu Ray demo material looked great. Bright colors were vibrant and rich, and skin tones looked natural. The picture was easygoing and yet engaging, and shadow detail appeared to be spot on. I enjoyed the sense of depth and dimension, which was among the best I have seen on a plasma. The image was smooth and clean, while still conveying a sense of perfect detail and resolution. Brightness transitions were handled well, and there were no signs of banding, though occasionally I saw very small and brief picture fluctuations which are normal for most plasmas.
Movie motion was excellent, though if youre used to the super smooth type of fluidity most modern sets boast then you will find it to be a bit jerky. Contrast and black levels were excellent, though with dark content in a dark room it will not be mistaken for a 9G Kuro.
I might expect skin tones to be somewhat undersaturated from the results of the saturation sweeps; but with my familiar material they looked absolutely amazing, though a bit on the inoffensive side if I had to choose.
I truly enjoyed the E8000s image. I saw no significant flaws, the E8000 handling everything competently if not superbly, and it offers glimpses of those magical qualities home theater enthusiasts crave.

Face off: GT50 vs. E8000

Contrast was reduced in the GT50s THX Cinema mode to match the light output of the E8000 in Movie mode. Sources included 1080P/24 Blu Ray and 1080i DirecTV. Cinema Smooth was turned on in the E8000.

Lights on, TV off:

GT50 is slightly better at reducing reflections. Both stay quite dark, but the GT50 is slightly better in that regard.

Lights off, Blu Ray:
Black levels are more similar than different, though the GT50 is darker by a hair. Certain times the black difference is more easily seen that other times.
E8000s overall presentation is a bit more earthy-toned, giving it a slightly more cinematic feel as opposed to the GT50s video feel.
Though the measurements would suggest a large difference in shadow detail, with real content the difference is extremely slim, with the GT50 just barely coming out of black faster. I have to look for the difference, but theres a little more texture visible in dark clothes and objects on the GT50. The E8000 is actually more accurate in that regard, but many people like a bit of extra shadow detail.
Sometimes skin tones are just a tiny bit less red on the E8000. Usually the difference is slight. However, in the Digital Video Essentials Restaurant scene, the difference is more pronounced. I feel the E8000s skin tones look more true to life in this clip.
The E8000 handles texture and layering in brightly lit faces and other very bright objects more naturally at times.
The GT50 has a tiny bit more pop in bright scenes, with whites looking a bit brighter. Whites can take on a slightly bluish and/or violet hue on the GT50, in comparison to the E8000s slightly duller, greener toned whites.
Both have excellent depth.
I can see just a bit more fluctuation in the E8000s image.
Overall presentation is just a bit more lifelike on the E8000 as opposed to more enhanced looking on the GT50.

Lights off, 1080i DirecTV:
Fades to black a are little better on the GT50. Hockey rink looks far more realistic on GT50, with brighter, purer whites. Neither shows much Dirty Screen Effect on hockey with movement and pans, but the GT50 shows more ice texture. A few fleeting times I thought I saw slight DSE, but I might have been looking too hard for it. Neither set fluctuates too much, both are seemingly stable.
The E8000s skin tones can be a bit greenish, or the GT50s skin tones can be a bit reddish, depending on the programming.

Conclusion: The E8000 is my preference by a nose for Blu Ray movies played in light controlled environments, with a slightly more cinematic, relaxed, and lifelike image. However, in other instances the GT50 is a very clear winner: viewing in typical living room lighting is much better on the GT50, as is hockey.

Source : http://www.avsforum.com/t/1400627/o...000-pnxxe8000-owners-thread/660#post_21923627

I am adding HD and SD channel photo of my 51E8000.
The last pic is of SD channel all other are HD

I bought this TV on 20th Oct and the Mfg/import period on TV Box was Aug 2012.

The Motion Sensor is excellent and very user friendly.

Attachments

• 27102012660-HD.jpg
    27102012660-HD.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 270
  • 27102012661-HD.jpg
    27102012661-HD.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 268
  • 27102012663-SD.jpg
    27102012663-SD.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back