Auli - is it a better choice for a vacation than Manali?

Donivlapog

Manali has a Beas river downstreaming advantage however it is crowded. So if one wants to spend a few days in the month of May, is Auli going to hold its own up against the hugely popular Manali tourism hype?

Almaty Kazakhstan (5 to 15 degrees now) works out cheaper than any Favorite Indian Destination during peak Summers, Otherwise my All time favorite Recommendation is Bhutan...

I did the Maths, its not economical or attractive anymore to Travel in India considering peak season prices and the Crowding. YMMV.

Almaty Kazakhstan (5 to 15 degrees now) works out cheaper than any Favorite Indian Destination during peak Summers, Otherwise my All time favorite Recommendation is Bhutan...

I did the Maths, its not economical or attractive anymore to Travel in India considering peak season prices and the Crowding. YMMV.
I covered Almati on Dec 23 Jan 24 season. 14 days of bliss where my children and their classmate played in snow, along with a scenic kak tobe cable ride and Shymbulek sample skiing experience. Also the boys played football with the locals there. I was able to practice my Russian with an intellectual stimulation exercise отлично, вы можете говорить на другом (иностроном) языке! Откуда вы учились Русский язык? and that kind of fun!

But I was thinking this time of an Indian exotic magical trip.

If you are not looking sports/activities sort of thing at rohtang pass or similar place, and looking for some quiet time in mountain experience, Pokhra, Nepal can be good experience. Nepal has so much to offer and sights of Annapurna range are stunning even from Pokhra.

Hi
I think you will get more response if you mention what kind of a holiday are you looking for.
A quiet holiday away in the hills, one with adventure activities or a happening one with lots of hustle bustle.
And who's traveling. Elders, kids, etc.

Auli will be nice and quiet, Manali happening and lively.
There would be a whole lot of other options across the Himalayan region, right from Kashmir to Arunachal.
Srinagar, Pahalgam, Gulmarg in Kashmir. Even Ladakh.
Chamba region, Lahul/Spiti in Himachal.
Auli and similar in Uttarakhand.
Chitwan in Nepal.
Pelling in Sikkim.
Bhutan.
Tawang in Arunachal.

There are lots of professionally managed adventure activities in most of these regions.

Recently came across this exciting video of Sural Bhatori in Himachal.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back