Auro3D - Auromatic upmixer for airtel channels

Phanindra

Hi Techies,
Did anyone installed Auro 3D setup and used Auromatic upmixer for airtel HD channels which has dolby content. How is the output? Is it worth buying AV receiver which is auro 3d compatible and doing auro3d setup ? Does Auro 3d upmixer works well with ott content and dish channels.

Hi Techies,
Did anyone installed Auro 3D setup and used Auromatic upmixer for airtel HD channels which has dolby content. How is the output? Is it worth buying AV receiver which is auro 3d compatible and doing auro3d setup ? Does Auro 3d upmixer works well with ott content and dish channels.
I am not qualified to answer your query by default, since I am not an Auro3D user. That said, per my theoretical understanding Auro is very finicky and completely incompatible with both Dolby and DTS not only in codecs, but with physical speaker placements also. Essentially this will render your HT setup dedicated to Auro; you cannot simply plug-and-play Dolby and DTS content in it anymore unless you go for some fairly complicated workarounds.

Read more here:
and also here:

Hi Techies,

Hi,
I installed Auro 3D setup and have been using it since 4 years. I use it to upmix for both 2.0 and 5.1/OTT content. I like the Auromatic upmixer particulaly for music and prefer it compared to Dolby surround and DTX Neural:X upmixers, but I read few people just prefer dolby surround upmixer.

I am not qualified to answer your query by default, since I am not an Auro3D user. That said, per my theoretical understanding Auro is very finicky and completely incompatible with both Dolby and DTS not only in codecs, but with physical speaker placements also. Essentially this will render your HT setup dedicated to Auro; you cannot simply plug-and-play Dolby and DTS content in it anymore unless you go for some fairly complicated workarounds.

Yes, you need to place height speakers at a certain angle from MLP, but one good thing with this setup is that, Dolby and DTS supports this layout. On the contrary, Auro doesn't support Atmos Top speakers layout. Dolby just doesn't support Auro 3D's Center Height and VOG channels.

I use the Auro layout for native ATMOS content and it sounds amazing with height speakers too.

thanks for the reply. What is your avr for auro 3d and do you use any preamp apart receiver ?
If any movie played in netflix, amazon or HD channels which plays with dolby gets upmixed to auro 3d right.
I agree we need to use auro 3d setup for height channels.
How many speakers you have configured for auro 3d ?

I dont use blue ray disc for watching movies. I always use ott or HD channels in airtel. My main concern is does it really sounds good or is it just a gimmick. Currently i have old 5.1 receiver which i enjoy. Does auro 3d or dolby atmos really makes difference with the content i watch.

I dont use blue ray disc for watching movies. I always use ott or HD channels in airtel. My main concern is does it really sounds good or is it just a gimmick. Currently i have old 5.1 receiver which i enjoy. Does auro 3d or dolby atmos really makes difference with the content i watch.
I wouldn't call it a gimmick, but if you are enjoying currently your 5.1 system, I would suggest you to continue using it. I would not recommend you to install 4 height speakers just for using an upmixer.

If you are going into 3D sound, minimum 4 height speakers are recommended. You can start with 2 height/top speakers, but my recommendation is to start directly with 4 speakers.

Thanks for quick response. Can you also answer on my above query on receiver and preamp details
Currently, I’m using Trinnov Altitude processor. Before this I had Denon x4500 and Monolith HTP-1.

I read that receivers and processors from JBL don’t offer cross upmixing (Dolby to Auromatic). Denon for sure offers it.

I have 4 height speakers currently, planning to add top middles, which I can also use for VOG for Auro 3D.

Currently, I’m using Trinnov Altitude processor. Before this I had Denon x4500 and Monolith HTP-1.

I read that receivers and processors from JBL don’t offer cross upmixing (Dolby to Auromatic). Denon for sure offers it.

I have 4 height speakers currently, planning to add top middles, which I can also use for VOG for Auro 3D.
Wow.. trinnov i heard it is awesome and expensive. Hope you are having good time with your home theatre. Denon x3800h has the upmixer.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back