How do you get Vifa BT speakers in India?

sachinchavan 15865

Is there any distributor or importer for the Vifa range of BT speakers (City, Reykjavik, Helsinki, Oslo, Copenhagen) in India? There are some listings on Amazon, but they are horribly overpriced, specify 3-4 weeks for delivery and would be bereft of any local support. When I asked one of those Amazon retailers question about the product, he just apologised and removed the listing. (yeah!)

These are, to me, the best sounding of the entire BT speakers lot out there. Audio Pro is more easily available and comes close, but has degraded significantly in reliability. Vifa has also been taken over by a Chinese company, but I hope they still make quality stuff. I didn't like the sound signatures of the other comparable products like from B&O, HK etc. Another brand I found interesting (based on listening to tons of YT videos on each) is the Minirig, but that has no Indian listings whatsoever.

Reference to any Indian source for Vifa (or even Minirig) speakers would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Is there any distributor or importer for the Vifa range of BT speakers (City, Reykjavik, Helsinki, Oslo, Copenhagen) in India? There are some listings on Amazon, but they are horribly overpriced, specify 3-4 weeks for delivery and would be bereft of any local support. When I asked one of those Amazon retailers question about the product, he just apologised and removed the listing. (yeah!)

These are, to me, the best sounding of the entire BT speakers lot out there. Audio Pro is more easily available and comes close, but has degraded significantly in reliability. Vifa has also been taken over by a Chinese company, but I hope they still make quality stuff. I didn't like the sound signatures of the other comparable products like from B&O, HK etc. Another brand I found interesting (based on listening to tons of YT videos on each) is the Minirig, but that has no Indian listings whatsoever.

Reference to any Indian source for Vifa (or even Minirig) speakers would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
This Pune based dealer of FOCAL speakers also sell Vifa speakers:

This Pune based dealer of FOCAL speakers also sell Vifa speakers:
Thanks @Dinesh Menon . Their website shows a couple of Vifa models, but out of stock. I contacted the guys. They said they'll check stocks in their godown and revert in 15 mins, but never got back to me. I didn't get a professional vibe from them. Unfortunate.

Thanks @Dinesh Menon . Their website shows a couple of Vifa models, but out of stock. I contacted the guys. They said they'll check stocks in their godown and revert in 15 mins, but never got back to me. I didn't get a professional vibe from them. Unfortunate.
I got curious after seeing your keen interest in these speakers, so googled and found this was the only source other than Amazon who were dealing in them.
I found these speakers quite similar to the IKEA speakers available in India (Sonos design and more affordable)

I found these speakers quite similar to the IKEA speakers available in India (Sonos design and more affordable)
Can you mention the particular IKEA model please? I’d be surprised to see a white label product come close to the Vifas. There used to be a honest flattish square IKEA speaker (Eneby 30 or something) which isn’t available any more.

By the way for the time being I’ve ordered an under-rated and cheap desktop BT speaker, the SB-X350J. Poor on portability and battery and with non-boomy bass, no wonder it was a failure. But I liked what I heard of it - balanced sound with defined bass. I am hoping it to turn out to be one of those buys when you luck out.

Last edited:
Can you mention the particular IKEA model please? I’d be surprised to see a white label product come close to the Vifas. There used to be a honest flattish square IKEA speaker (Eneby 30 or something) which isn’t available any more.

By the way for the time being I’ve ordered an under-rated and cheap desktop BT speaker, the SB-X350J. Poor on portability and battery and with non-boomy bass, no wonder it was a failure. But I liked what I heard of it - balanced sound with defined bass. I am hoping it to turn out to be one of those buys when you luck out.
You are right, IKEA has now only one wifi bookshelf speaker model along with their picture frame and lamp shade speakers; Maybe because of Sonos entry in India.
This Denon model, made in Japan, may meet your audiophile expectations:

If you are looking for portability with battery, this one can be a very good choice, costing around 16K on Amazon.

This Denon model, made in Japan, may meet your audiophile expectations:

If you are looking for portability with battery, this one can be a very good choice, costing around 16K on Amazon.

Thanks. I listened to a lot of videos on these and many other BT/Wireless speakers, but only Vifa and Audio Pro cut it for me in terms of the sound signature I prefer. Most of the other speakers overdo the DSP which gives a ‘processed sound’ effect that I detest. There’s the Ruark Audio too that I like. But the ones on Amazon are over-inflated in price.

I’d wait to see if Vifa Helsinki/Oslo gets offered on Amazon at reasonable price in the future. Or till I happen to like something else equally well. Till then the cheaper BT speakers and my ten year old Bose Soundlink II will serve the purpose.

Last edited:
I understood your preferences.
Your choices are really hi-fi.
'Ruark Audio India' is having 3 models, this is the lowest priced one. You can directly buy from them:

I understood your preferences.
Your choices are really hi-fi.
'Ruark Audio India' is having 3 models, this is the lowest priced one. You can directly buy from them:
Thanks Dinesh. I didn’t know Ruark has a distributor here. I spoke to the guys at Creative Newtech. They have the models on demo which I intend to do. However, when I questioned them on the pricing (two and half times the equivalent price in home county, UK), they didn’t have a convincing reason. When other UK brands like Wharfedale, Audiolab, Cambridge et al price at one and half times, their pricing seems ridiculous. I hope they come down on it if and when I narrow down on a model.

On Amazon their price is Rs.71,799.00,
while this Distributor is quoting Rs. 68,399.00
I think you can negotiate with them for a better price.

On Amazon their price is Rs.71,799.00,
while this Distributor is quoting Rs. 68,399.00
I think you can negotiate with them for a better price.
I am looking more at their single box offerings (all in one music systems with Radios) as that’s Ruark’s legacy. Also for the convenience of it. And those are considerably costlier than the two speaker model (MR1)

I am looking more at their single box offerings (all in one music systems with Radios) as that’s Ruark’s legacy. Also for the convenience of it. And those are considerably costlier than the two speaker model (MR1)
The one with inbuilt CD player costs Rs.1.45 lakhs and the other one comes at Rs.93,600.00.
Pricey Legacy.
You are an audiophile connoisseur.

The one with inbuilt CD player costs Rs.1.45 lakhs and the other one comes at Rs.93,600.00.
Pricey Legacy.
You are an audiophile connoisseur.
And those prices are unjustifiable. I am not ready to give 150% markup on home country price for any product, howmuchever I like it (or even if I can afford the price). It feels like ‘being taken advantage of’. I cannot agree that the value addition done by the importers/distributors is one and half times that of the value created by the company itself through its research, designing, development and manufacturing. For any product, even luxury.

To me, a markup of 50% on the price of a product in the home country (UK in this case) takes care of the logistics, duties and distribution margins. (Note that the goods are purchased by the distributors are probably at 60% of the selling price in the home country in the first place). So, say a product is sold to the end customer in UK at £100 (ie Rs 10k approx), the Indian distributor must be able to pick it from the manufacturer at £600 which is Rs 6k. So, even if he sells it at Rs 15k to the end customer in India, he has Rs 9000 to take care of logistics and duties on his purchase price of mere Rs 6000 and still make a healthy margin for himself and his dealer (where involved). I can therefore accept being charged Rs 15000 for the product here. But not Rs 25000 as in this case. To me, such a pricing is a sign of inefficiency and/or short-sighted approach to business. Probably there’s a segment of Indian customers who don’t mind paying unreasobale markups. I do not want to be one of them. My cut off on buying any imported product is usually 1.5 times the customer price in the home country.

Last edited:
You are right, it's exorbitant pricing.
Have you tried this JBL :
Pricing in India is around Rs.37K.
JBL International sells it for $280.
So it sits in your equation.
Thanks. I don’t like the JBL/Marshall kind of sound - V shaped signature and dry mids.

One more hi-fi option for you.
Pricing abroad: €400
Cost in india: Rs.55,800.00
Almost sits in your equation.
As probably I wrote earlier, Audio Pro was on my list. It has a sound I like. But their app is horrible (hardly works) and off late heere have been complaining about their products’ reliability. The same is the case with Tivoli Audio.

By the way, you can find excellent reviews of almost all BT speakers on the YT channel ‘Oluv’s Gadgets’ - check it out.

Thanks. I don’t like the JBL/Marshall kind of sound - V shaped signature and dry mids.

As probably I wrote earlier, Audio Pro was on my list. It has a sound I like. But their app is horrible (hardly works) and off late heere have been complaining about their products’ reliability. The same is the case with Tivoli Audio.

By the way, you can find excellent reviews of almost all BT speakers on the YT channel ‘Oluv’s Gadgets’ - check it out.
I thought Harman's Curve was a benchmark.
I'm a newbie in the hi-fi world.
Thanks, I'll watch the YT channel suggested by you.

I thought Harman's Curve was a benchmark.
I'm a newbie in the hi-fi world.
Thanks, I'll watch the YT channel suggested by you.
It probably appeals to the common denominator. No wonder JBlLs and HKs dominate BT speaker sales. Just that it’s not my preference. I prefer either mid-centric (like my main system) or neutral sound (like my Etymotics). Most of the music I listen to is vocal/acoustic centric with rhythm providing a structure/foundation and treble being an embellishment.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back