Questions regarding Kali Audio LP-6 2nd Wave studio monitors and Subwoofer JBL LSR310S

For anyone reading my thread, THIS IS THE TLDR of my first post in this thread.(sorry for that long drivel)

My Overall budget is 90k that I have finalized around these devices Kali Audio LP-6 2nd Wave studio monitors rajmusicals.com and Subwoofer JBL LSR310S amazon.in and external DAC SMSL D 6S with bluetooth for nierfield listening with the intention of music enjoyment and bluetooth is for my family, so that they can also use it as well.

Are there any better sounding ones than the above audio devices, If so, could you recommend it here? Thank you:D
I'm not familiar with the DAC, but you can't go wrong with those Kali Monitors or the JBL Subwoofer.

IMHO, the monitors do not sound dry or flat, and they are quite musical. They have good bass response, but the JBL Subwoofer will definitely be a good addition.

I use Adam T5V monitors with an Adam T10S subwoofer in my office setup. (I preferred the Adams to the 1st Gen Kali LP6 monitors back when I was looking to buy, but it was by a narrow margin, and came down to personal preference). An Audient EVO 4 USB audio interface is used to play them from my laptop. I'm very happy with how this combo sounds, and wouldn't change anything.

Laptop USB > Audient EVO4 > Belden + Neutrik Balanced cables > Subwoofer > Belden + Neutrik Balanced cables > Monitors.

I can also directly connect the Audient interface to my iPad Air (5th Gen) to the EVO4 via USB C to USB C cable.

If you need Bluetooth connectivity, you will need a DAC that has Bluetooth input. I don't think there are any commercial Studio USB Audio interfaces with Bluetooth input, at least in the under 20K range. (I could be wrong here). Generally (personal opinion), I think that in the 12k to 20K range, a commercial USB studio interface from Audient or Motu, or even Focusrite would be a better choice than a ChiFI DAC. But, you will not get Bluetooth connectivity.

One thing you will have to consider (since this is a nearfield desktop setup) is that these are fairly large speakers for a desk-top, Do check if you have space issues. My monitors are slightly smaller, and I have them on stands (regular, non-fancy studio grade stands).

less than 1000 rupees please:)
I'm sure if you google, you will find some sound/recording studio supplies shop near you. Have them make you cables (to your preferred length) with quality cables and connectors. This is something most shops will do. (And this is what I got done).

They will have premade cables of various lengths with them too, but I'd suggest getting cables made as they tend to be of better quality.

You will definitely have to spend more than 1000.00 for decent quality cables, but you should not have to spend more than 4k to 5k at the most, for the two pairs of balanced cables you need for a desktop nearfield setup.

I'm not familiar with the DAC, but you can't go wrong with those Kali Monitors or the JBL Subwoofer.

IMHO, the monitors do not sound dry or flat, and they are quite musical. They have good bass response, but the JBL Subwoofer will definitely be a good addition.

I use Adam T5V monitors with an Adam T10S subwoofer in my office setup. (I preferred the Adams to the 1st Gen Kali LP6 monitors back when I was looking to buy, but it was by a narrow margin, and came down to personal preference). An Audient EVO 4 USB audio interface is used to play them from my laptop. I'm very happy with how this combo sounds, and wouldn't change anything.

Laptop USB > Audient EVO4 > Belden + Neutrik Balanced cables > Subwoofer > Belden + Neutrik Balanced cables > Monitors.

I can also directly connect the Audient interface to my iPad Air (5th Gen) to the EVO4 via USB C to USB C cable.

If you need Bluetooth connectivity, you will need a DAC that has Bluetooth input. I don't think there are any commercial Studio USB Audio interfaces with Bluetooth input, at least in the under 20K range. (I could be wrong here). Generally (personal opinion), I think that in the 12k to 20K range, a commercial USB studio interface from Audient or Motu, or even Focusrite would be a better choice than a ChiFI DAC. But, you will not get Bluetooth connectivity.

One thing you will have to consider (since this is a nearfield desktop setup) is that these are fairly large speakers for a desk-top, Do check if you have space issues. My monitors are slightly smaller, and I have them on stands (regular, non-fancy studio grade stands).
Thank you for your recommendations. But, just now, I bought the three audio devices. Still haven't bought the xlr cables though, any reasons that you have gone for the neutrik cables?

I use a set of Kali LP-UNFs as my desktop speakers/monitors. They sound fantastic for their use case. IMHO Studio monitors are always better for near-field on axis listening. And then if you want you can always eq them for a specific type of response.
These are an excellent choice, for a nearfield setup, especially if you have space constraints. They have Bluetooth connectivity also, and USB input, to play from a PC/Laptop.

Thank you for your recommendations. But, just now, I bought the three audio devices. Still haven't bought the xlr cables though, any reasons that you have gone for the neutrik cables?
Belden 1813A cables with Neutrik XLR connectors are of good quality and really good value. The connectors grip and lock really well. They didn't have Mogami in stock, so I chose Belden.

I was able to get the shop to make me 1 pair of 2 meters and one pair of 4 meters for less than 5K total, back in 2022.

less than 1000 rupees please:)
Check if MX cables are available online but going with Belden and Neutrik connector is worth it. You need 4 cables in total.

The above are some of the options. The first one uses neutrik connectors. Hopefully, its genuine.
I have a Komplete audio 6 and it is too good. But the problem is that it needs a laptop or USB device at one end. Coaxials doesn't work without a laptop as far as I know.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back