REL ht12, Ascendo SV12, Monolith 12 ulta, RSL speed woofer 10s which one to pick?

hifimaddy

Again, a 1000-times-asked question here in the forum. I am planning to add a subwoofer to my current system. 50-50 for movies and music. I know it's a difficult choice like this, but for now, let's consider it. REL ht 12, ascendo SV12, monolith 12 ulta, RSL speed woofer 10s These are my only preferences, and from this list, I have only listened to Rel before. but I know others are also the best in class but have never experienced one.

budget around 1-1.3L MAX. From the list, every SUB 12inch expects RSL, but I heard it's a good one, and I can import two of these at the same price as others, which is why I considered it. I am open to informative suggestions on who has owned any of these.
room dimension - 20x10x9

cheers
vishnu

Again, a 1000-times-asked question here in the forum. I am planning to add a subwoofer to my current system. 50-50 for movies and music. I know it's a difficult choice like this, but for now, let's consider it. REL ht 12, ascendo SV12, monolith 12 ulta, RSL speed woofer 10s These are my only preferences, and from this list, I have only listened to Rel before. but I know others are also the best in class but have never experienced one.

budget around 1-1.3L MAX. From the list, every SUB 12inch expects RSL, but I heard it's a good one, and I can import two of these at the same price as others, which is why I considered it. I am open to informative suggestions on who has owned any of these.
room dimension - 20x10x9

cheers
vishnu
monolith 12 or dual rsl 10s is good

room dimension - 20x10x9

cheers
vishnu
Ascendo sv12

room dimension - 20x10x9

cheers
vishnu
@hifimaddy Could you please let me know details of importing the RSL sub? Guessing it's directly from their site? Any idea about shipping and customs charges?

Ascendo sv12
When I contacted the sellers who have ascendo, they were not promoting it; they were all saying it was not a good subwoofer. Try svs its the best. I never experienced one before, but it seems to be a good subwoofer, and all FMs are happy with it. Is ascendo has poor services in india?

@hifimaddy Could you please let me know details of importing the RSL sub? Guessing it's directly from their site? Any idea about shipping and customs charges?
I mean, importing to India is a nightmare now. I contacted Arendal about their subwoofer, and they are saying we don't ship to India. India has some strange rules. Arendal and many other good hifi brands are directly selling to Bangladesh, even though India is more developed. Ok, its a big sh*t topic.

I mean, hand-carrying RSL is the only option now. Anyway, I am not going to the US, so I have to order to Europe, but I might travel to Europe from there, carrying it. It's 24 kg, so it's easier than 12s. 12s is 50 kg. But again, this is a big headache of ordering from a different country and carrying it from there. So I am mostly looking to buy from India if everything seems good.

When I contacted the sellers who have ascendo, they were not promoting it; they were all saying it was not a good subwoofer. Try svs its the best. I never experienced one before, but it seems to be a good subwoofer, and all FMs are happy with it. Is ascendo has poor services in india?
Iam using Ascendo sv12 . Its 600rms. Very good sub

I would suggest going with the ones which have support here. My new REL developed some issues, and I needed service support. Though the distributor took quite a while, the sub was repaired under warranty and returned.

I was using SVS PB1000 for movies since 2019. Got the T9/x for music. But the quality of bass from the diminutive REL trumped the bigger SVS, even for movies. Now, I've gone dual RELs and there's no looking back.

Point I'm trying to make is, we don't usually change subs as regularly as say speakers and electronics. Get something that'll give you the kick and peace of mind.

I would suggest going with the ones which have support here. My new REL developed some issues, and I needed service support. Though the distributor took quite a while, the sub was repaired under warranty and returned.

I was using SVS PB1000 for movies since 2019. Got the T9/x for music. But the quality of bass from the diminutive REL trumped the bigger SVS, even for movies. Now, I've gone dual RELs and there's no looking back.

Point I'm trying to make is, we don't usually change subs as regularly as say speakers and electronics. Get something that'll give you the kick and peace of mind.
Thanks for your comment. I also liked the clean and accurate base response of REL, but Ht12 is sealed, so that is why I thought to consider other subs; otherwise, definitely, I will choose Rel. HT15 will be a beast, but it is out of my budget.

I doubt that. Ascendo wsv 12 is usually compared to pb 2000 and the sv12 is still better. I will ping you my contact. He recommends ascendo over even monolith.

When I contacted the sellers who have ascendo, they were not promoting it; they were all saying it was not a good subwoofer. Try svs it’s the best. I never experienced one before, but it seems to be a good subwoofer, and all FMs are happy with it. Is ascendo has poor services in india?
I don’t know about the service in India for Ascendo products, but I can assure you that Ascendo SV-12 is a better subwoofer than SVS PB2000. I compared both the subwoofers in my room.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back