Suggest 5.1 home theater under 30k INR

barathkumarsenthil

Hi pl suggest good speakers and a AV receiver under 30k INR. My hall size is 13x10ft.

I can extend the budget a lil later but currently i want the system to be up and running so i wanna set the base.

Like a good AV receiver and 2 speakers and 1 woofer would currently work too, if thats what fits the budget. I can buy them the rest of the set later if that can be done.

I recently tried the sony S40R and S500RF, they are not do satisfactory.

Im based out of chennai, suggest some place to experience/buy the custom or prebuild systems.

Thankyou!

Last edited:
Logitech z906 I would say is the best option for you considering your budget.

I do not think it is possible to buy a good av receiver, speakers and subwoofer, all under 30K.

Hi pl suggest good speakers and a AV receiver under 30k INR. My hall size is 13x10ft.

I can extend the budget a lil later but currently i want the system to be up and running so i wanna set the base.

Like a good AV receiver and 2 speakers and 1 woofer would currently work too, if thats what fits the budget. I can buy them the rest of the set later if that can be done.

I recently tried the sony S40R and S500RF, they are not do satisfactory.

Im based out of chennai, suggest some place to experience/buy the custom or prebuild systems.

Thankyou!
Hi
30k is very low budget to get AVR and speaker,

Try entry level avr with satellite speaker combo from used one.

Logitech z906 I would say is the best option for you considering your budget.

I do not think it is possible to buy a good av receiver, speakers and subwoofer, all under 30K.
My primary desire is for deep bass, and I recently went down the rabbit hole researching setups. My budget is around 60k, and initially, I thought I needed a whole AVR setup. The plan was to start with just the AVR (eating my whole budget) and 2 speakers to get the setup started and then wait for a couple of years to save up and get a powerful subwoofer. But then I saw the comments about the JBL Bar 5.1 and Logitech z906...

The JBL Bar 5.1 (510W) is going for 60k on Amazon, I want to make the right choice. So, here's my dilemma:

How much would an AVR setup cost to match the bass of the JBL Bar 5.1/Logitech z906?

How's the overall sound quality of JBL bar 5.1/z906 compared to an AVR setup? Is it a night and day difference?

Are there advantages to the AVR route beyond upgradability and longevity?

Some folks say the Logitech Z906 competes with the JBL for bass. Should I consider it?

Both JBL and Logitech only offer 1 year warranty. How long do these systems typically last? Compared to an AVR setup?

----

Budget Breakdown:

AVR: Initial 3.1 setup would cost around 50k for AVR + 60k subwoofer + 60k speakers, requiring me to save up for each piece.

JBL Soundbar: One-time purchase (50-60k)

Logitech z906: One-time purchase (30k)

Is the overall sound quality of soundbars/HTIBs THAT bad compared to a custom HT setup?

Basically, if the JBL bar 5.1 or Logitech z906 can deliver as powerful bass but with a slightly worse sound quality, that might be okay. But can they compete with a custom HT setup for that deep, room-shaking experience - the kind of bass that is not just a weak rumble in the seat but is powerful enough to be physically felt rumbling through your chest and travelling down your body?

I have owned the Z906 for years and also have a Sony sound bar. I would say you go with the Z906 for now. Nothing beats it at this price. I would say even the JBL soundbar at double the cost will be inferior to it with only advantage being that it supports more formats like Atmos and true hd. Soundbar are mostly a compromise aimed for consumers with space constraints and to blend with the aesthetics of the room.

The Z906 most certainly has room shaking bass. If you want a better system with separates you would have to spend more than 1 lac.

I have owned the Z906 for years and also have a Sony sound bar. I would say you go with the Z906 for now. Nothing beats it at this price. I would say even the JBL soundbar at double the cost will be inferior to it with only advantage being that it supports more formats like Atmos and true hd. Soundbar are mostly a compromise aimed for consumers with space constraints and to blend with the aesthetics of the room.

The Z906 most certainly has room shaking bass. If you want a better system with separates you would have to spend more than 1 lac.
Do you happen to know which separate subwoofer has a bass equivalent to the z906?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back