5.1.2 Atmos audio system suggestion under 2.5 Lacs

Pragunjain

Hi,
My name is Pragun and I am new to this forum as well as the whole audio setup thing.
I live in Delhi and I could only find a couple of AV dealers in my city and It would be great if someone could provide some more contacts. I have already contacted AV shack and got a quote for few systems.
Usage will be 70% Music and 30% Movies
viewing distance will be 15-16 ft
I liked the Q acoustics package in which I am getting :-
1) 3050i
2) 3090 for center
3) 3010 for surround
4) jbl arena 6IC for ceiling
5) jbl A100P subwoofer
6) Denon X1700H

The dealer is also suggesting to audition and consider Polk elite signature series (ES55,ES35,ES10).

One more thing One I heard the Q acoustic system with denon I didnt like it that much but when I heard it with Onkyo NR5100 system I liked it better. Both were in Pure Stereo mode. Is it just placebo or there could be actual difference?

AV Shack in C R Park got me the best deal. It is hard for anyone to beat their prices. What you're buying is best for movies not really music. Yes, it is possible what you experienced, go with what your ears like but things might be very different in your own room. Avoid JBL. Others will give you more suggestions but IMO 70% music you might be better with a 2.0/2.1 system.

Hi,
My name is Pragun and I am new to this forum as well as the whole audio setup thing.
I live in Delhi and I could only find a couple of AV dealers in my city and It would be great if someone could provide some more contacts. I have already contacted AV shack and got a quote for few systems.
1) 3050i
2) 3090 for center
3) 3010 for surround
5) jbl A100P subwoofer
6) Denon X1700H

The dealer is also suggesting to audition and consider Polk elite signature series (ES55,ES35,ES10).

One more thing One I heard the Q acoustic system with denon I didnt like it that much but when I heard it with Onkyo NR5100 system I liked it better. Both were in Pure Stereo mode. Is it just placebo or there could be actual difference?

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

If the post / response to you helps in any way, use the 'Like' button which is located at the right hand bottom of the post. This helps to build up positive reputation for the FM (Fellow Member).

Hope you have a great journey here!

All the best!

Suggest you audition as many systems as you can with the same movie / music clip so you get a better reference to decide! Trust your ears. What may sound great to me may sound bad for you. Everyone has their preferences in looks, sound quality and yes ofcourse budget.

Ensure the dealers provide a GST bill with warranty and check relevant service centers if that dealer bill etc is entertained. There are a lot of experiences faced by many forum members who may have got a good bargain rate but suffer for warranty! Be Careful!

Hi,
1) 3050i
2) 3090 for center
3) 3010 for surround
5) jbl A100P subwoofer
6) Denon X1700H

Hello Pragun , also give audition for Dali and Fyne speakers . Personally I just bought Dali FS and amazed by the experience. Again everyone tastes differs , go ahead with the audition route . All the best

Hi,
1) 3050i
2) 3090 for center
3) 3010 for surround
5) jbl A100P subwoofer
6) Denon X1700H

Since your inclination is more towards music and you need an avr, then Marantz will be decent.

There is a preowned Yamaha avr with Jamo floorstanding speakers, center + surrounds( minus subwoofer)on sale at a good price. But you may need to hear them and check them out if the location & logistics is not an issue. Speakers can be bought separately too.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back