Apple wired earphones of type usb-C

amit11

Hi Friends,

I was in search for some headphones/earphones for office calls. I did not want to go for 'headphones' which cover our skull. So basically earphones was what i was preferring. Some 3.5 mm earphones also i have.
Regarding bluetooth for office calls, i have couple of neckbands aswell. but anyways...

I happened to got apple earpods. (not airpods which are bluetooth)
this earphones are wired, and have usb type c.

I received it today and just plugged in my android phone to check the sound... and wow..... reminded me of days when i had the bose earphones.. few things i would like to say:

a) For good sound, i never use android phone. But earphones were amazing even on android.
b) again, i never like to hear from windows laptop.. but again this earphones were amazing on windows laptop.
c) I am not now dependent on the dac inside either android phone or windows laptop.
d) the dac inside this earphone near the usb type c, is fantastic....
e) no fatigue.... really really no fatigue...
g) mids, highs, lows --- you name it and it is fantastic
h) I received it around 3 hours back... and i have not stopped listening to it.. surprisingly... i am writing this post and same time listening to it on youtube on laptop.
i) i now feel it is sounding better than my stereo system
j) and remember, the shape of this earphone....hard to beat.... you will forget the boats/oneplus/samsungs/noise etc

it has revived nostalgia...... :)
and goosebumps....

regards,
amit.

Last edited:
I am a fan of the Apple EarPods. Always have them as backup.
The mic quality is on these is very good. No Truly Wireless IEM matches the mic quality. It's downside being, no noise cancellation, which could be a problem in crowded place.

For fatigue, my experience is different. Since its is hard plastic and sits against ears, I find them digging into my skin after some time. So, I don't prefer these for extended time.

the dac inside this earphone near the usb type c, is fantastic....
Apple’s DACs are indeed good. I use the lightning to 3.5mm DAC adaptor to connect my earphones to the mobile on walks and it is such a great value for money. There’s no need to spend more money on fancy mobile DACs.

Since its is hard plastic and sits against ears, I find them digging into my skin after some time
Yes, that’s the limitation. Hence I don’t use the included EarPods for music. The lightning adaptor plus another earphone (Etymotic) combo works for me.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back