Marty Cube Subwoofer Build

donmathew90

The subgrade bug has bit me and I've been having sleepless nights trying to figure out which subwoofer I should get next. While on this journey, I came across the Marty subwoofers by GSG. It got me thinking and now I'm exploring the option of getting one built.

I currently use a Taga Harmony 212SE and I've been happy with it so far probably because I haven't experienced more expensive subs much. My media room is 12 x 11 x 13ft (vaulted ceilings).

This is the Marty Cube video that I watched.

I spoke to a custom speaker maker here in Kerala. His name is Albin and his work looks pretty good. He uses UMIK, MiniDSP, makes/assembles his own plate amp and recently bought a CNC machine etc. so seems to be better than your usual custom speaker maker.

He suggested I go with the Eminence Lab 15 driver and pair it with a 600W (RMS) (4ohms) plate amp that he makes/assembles. He said it has 12 transistors and uses a toroidal transformer. It'll cost 60k to do this. He hasn't built a Marty Cube before though and the 60k is for an L-ported cabinet that he makes and said this whole thing will weigh about 45kgs.

So what do you guys think? :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back