Where to report defected items received from fellow member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir you means we should not trust anyone?
My fault is trusting him?
If you trusted him and he showed you pictures then after all this first of al you try to blame Jenson that all was damaged before packing.

When that did not work you are emotionally blackmailing by asking that should you stop trusting anyone.

If you trusted means you agreed with him on what he has done packing wise.

So now when products are damaged you can't hold him responsible.
It's as simple as that either trust or if you don't trust you should have gone to Indore and picked it up yourself.

Not posting over here after this

Since everyone here is a detective and judge…
But be ready for all types of judgments, even those you may not be happy with!
As pointed out by @girishtd8262 in response to the post above, it looks like both the buyer and seller deserve sympathy and understanding. (I assume that’s what he meant by compassion)
but what about the packaging/courier company? Can you share the name of the company?
I recall an earlier post asking if the packaging had any external damage? Pictures of the package as they arrived if available?

As pointed out by @girishtd8262 in response to the post above, it looks like both the buyer and seller deserve sympathy and understanding. (I assume that’s what he meant by compassion)
but what about the packaging/courier company? Can you share the name of the company?
I recall an earlier post asking if the packaging had any external damage? Pictures of the package as they arrived if available?
FedEx

Fexdex and the guy shipped very well known to mr jenson

He gave me his words no will happen and I need not to worry anything about shipping

I am not able sleep since 2 nights and having headaches and mr jenson not even bothering to call me or help me with repair

I am not able sleep since 2 nights and having headaches and mr jenson not even bothering to call me or help me with repair
It’s my hard earned money that I gave it to him and he is not eventually empathetic about anything..

Thatz a hell a lot of pics taken and sent... If i am getting an item for the 10% of cost, i will fly and pick the item from the vendor place. Worth for the money.. I believe once @santhosh flied from Banglore to Mumbai for collecting ATC.. Good old days and great members and interaction that time on stereo..

@jenson ... Nobody told here that you have cheated...Only telling it could have been packed better...
I packed it the way I received them, they were in great condition. Those rethm cartons need to be felt to understand it's stiffness, plus the foam they use. I didn't suspect anything like this wud happen.

Here is jatins message to me when he received this speaker package - (edited his phone number)
Quote:
[29/05, 2:35 pm] +91 88266: Package received I will open in evening.
[29/05, 2:35 pm] +91 88266 And update you on condition
[29/05, 2:36 pm] +91 88266 This delivery guy dropped one box in front of me only.
[29/05, 2:36 pm] +91 88266FedEx is very very poor now.
End quote.

Not sure at what floor u live where folks from courier have to drop package in front of you. Just insinuating as this thread has been nothing short of same for me...

More seriously, you still have a great deal at hand
Cosmetic touch up and selector switch replacement shouldn't cost as much with lyrita... You have a famed combo in hand.. Plus service is right there in Delhi..you have both the rca tubes and the original, and they both worked as we verified on video call.

Rethms, just think you are paying what I originally asked for.. And who better to mend it than rethm themselves.. It'll be as good as new.

As you may have realized by now, that extra lowther in itself is worth a decent amount...

Jatin, i can relate to your anguish. I was in similar situation (twice), some have mentioned solution, it is right in front of you..dont get hung up on finding the solution just thru me or nothing.

You are a thorough gentleman, I know as we interacted quite a bit. So while I won't consider you a newbie (you have two floor standers, one by jamo, other tannoy, one pair magnepans... Vintage onkyo with green vu meters..blue nodes Etc etc) Common...you are well into this. Much better than me.

It’s my hard earned money that I gave it to him and he is not eventually empathetic about anything..
If something happens to me everything to be blamed to mr @jenson
I can’t take such huge loss of my own.
I will not be in peace and will never forgive him for this

This is all such a mystery. I don’t mean to be flippant or ridicule your situation sir(s)

But to me it appears like this:

Seller and buyer discuss items (10 years old, used, functional, cosmetic condition etc) and agree on price and shipment.
The seller packs the items like the original factory packing and shares the pictures with buyer.
Items are sent using a well known courier with global network and a big brand name. Transportation by road (?)
Buyer receives it (externally undamaged, I presume)- no pictures?
Opens it and finds every single item badly damaged.- shared pictures

I packed it the way I received them, they were in great condition. Those rethm cartons need to be felt to understand it's stiffness, plus the foam they use. I didn't suspect anything like this wud happen.

Here is jatins message to me when he received this speaker package - (edited his phone number)
Quote:
[29/05, 2:36 pm] +91 88266 This delivery guy dropped one box in front of me only.
[29/05, 2:36 pm] +91 88266 9418 FedEx is very very poor now.
End quote.

Not sure at what floor u live where folks from courier have to drop package in front of you. Just insinuating as this thread has been nothing short of same for me...

Cosmetic touch up and selector switch replacement shouldn't cost as much with lyrita... You have a famed combo in hand.. Plus service is right there in Delhi..you have both the rca tubes and the original, and they both worked as we verified on video call.

Rethms, just think you are paying what I originally asked for.. And who better to mend it than rethm themselves.. It'll be as good as new.

As you may have realized by now, that extra lowther in itself is worth a decent amount...

Jatin, i can relate to your anguish. I was in similar situation (twice), some have mentioned solution, it is right in front of you..dont get hung up on finding the solution just thru me or nothing.

You are a thorough gentleman, I know as we interacted quite a bit. So while I won't consider you a newbie (you have two floor standers, one by jamo, other tannoy, one pair magnepans... Vintage onkyo with green vu meters..blue nodes Etc etc) Common...you are well into this. Much better than me.
This dropped of box was of the driver and it was in original packaging and nothing happened to it. Only major problem is with one which you shipped in last.
speakes are not able to stand
Please take care of the speaker repair that’s what only I am asking and about lyrita I will take them to manufacture to get repaired.
What else you expect

I m taking loss you also take lil loss as this is your responsibility of shipping

This is all such a mystery. I don’t mean to be flippant or ridicule your situation sir(s)

Seller and buyer discuss items (10 years old, used, functional, cosmetic condition etc) and agree on price and shipment.
The seller packs the items like the original factory packing and shares the pictures with buyer.
Items are sent using a well known courier with global network and a big brand name. Transportation by road (?)
I have share pics and video to mr jenson and share pics of damaged here itself

There's no mystery here, just a lack of laws protecting the consumer. If it was in other countries the buyer would be eligible for full refund legally.

Quote:
[29/05, 2:36 pm] +91 88266 9418 FedEx is very very poor now.
End quote.

Sir did you assured me or not about delivery in perfect condition and told me several time don’t take any tension of, you know these shippers are best

then how damaged happened and how now everything is my responsibility
I paid you as we agreed on

I'm 100% sure that had you wrote him above quoted message before finalizing the deal he wouldn't have finalized it. :)

BTW if the original package material is also 10 years old and it is not made of steel, there is no chance that it has the same strength as was 10/years ago. This is why extra care and material should have been used.
You would have been within your rights to ask for that expenditure from the buyer.

There's no mystery here, just a lack of laws protecting the consumer. If it was in other countries the buyer would be eligible for full refund legally.
I can easily file complaints and I have all the payments details and his address and mr jenson also agreed that this happened due to shipping done by him.

we can easily get into legal battles but I seriously don’t want to get into all that.

I just want mr jenson to just get the speakers repaired.

I'm 100% sure that had you wrote him above quoted message before finalizing the deal he wouldn't have finalized it. :)

BTW if the original package material is also 10 years old and it is not made of steel, there is no chance that it has the same strength as was 10/years ago. This is why extra care and material should have been used.
You would have been within your rights to ask for that expenditure from the buyer.
Sir I paid him 1.42L don’t you think I could have paid more for insurance if he had doubts about packaging?

he just sold the items as distressed sale and later also share me pics of néw speaker he will by of that money of Cadance

He assured me serval times about perfect packaging he do and he is very versatile about it. And don’t need to worry.
Now he backtracked by his own words.

I request some senior members to mediate and discuss with both of us and help with the solution bks we are community of good and trusting people.

I am open for discussions.

but jenson not taking responsibility of his packaging is really inhuman

Had their been a inch of crack or dent on box, you can be assured, jatin would have pasted it to me before and most definitely on this thread. There was no such case where he said boxes were damaged. I can't be held responsible if someone drop package in front of him.

Unusual case - careless of seller to be so casual of the consequences of damage to good shipped by him, and quite adventurous of the buyer who is seemingly not into great hifi to buy such expensive and complex stuff from someone who he does not know personally. One can't sit in judgement looking at it from a distance, but while it is a given that buyer has to be careful, the seller too should be mindful that if something goes wrong, such unseemly conversations can ensue, and no good will be done to the seller's reputation.

Sir I paid him 1.42L don’t you think I could have paid more for insurance if he had doubts about packaging?

he just sold the items as distressed sale and later also share me pics of néw speaker he will by of that money of Cadance

He assured me serval times about perfect packaging he do and he is very versatile about it. And don’t need to worry.
Now he backtracked by his own words.

Yes, I did tell you it is a distress sale as Im moving to a smaller 2bhk which was registered in April 2021 and we are moving by 15th June. I can share copy of registration too.

Last edited:
Had their been a inch of crack or dent on box, you can be assured, jatin would have pasted it to me before and most definitely on this thread. There was no such case where he said boxes were damaged. I can't be held responsible if someone drop package in front of him.
Sir that box was of driver and it was very small box and it was perfect conditionI even mentioned you that on our call.

Speaker was in those cardbord box was you could have added more protection to the speaker shipping as I already told you there was problems on 2 earlier shipment.
You could have taken extra care but you didn’t

I know it’s easier said than done but the best option may be to get the repairs appraised by the manufacturer . Once some numbers come up you can start saving so that at the end of the day ( perhaps a few months or a year ) I am sure you will get the system you desired. Also these things , they really prey on our minds and inflict a lot of agony when the ‘trauma’ is so fresh. But time will allow us to see things from a fresher perspective and help us count our blessings , like in this case , you don’t have the hassle of shipping them abroad , as the manufacturer is right here in India.
Or perhaps you might get a good craftsman locally and with the help of some guidance from knowledgable people — who knows even the manufacturer may chime in — and you may have them ‘back on their feet’ , literally in this case , sooner than you think.
But if you let this rancour continue , it will just impact your peace of mind and health and perhaps even family members may have to face some effect of it.
Just my two pence, please don’t take any offence, if I have said anything insensitive.

Enough has been said and heard, probably seller didn't anticipate that the shipping will go that wrong and so as the buyer. Both parties have their own reasons, I totally get it. You guys better take this discussion offline and resolve it amicably. Posting here won't lead to any meaningful resolution.

Moderators, you guys either intervene to mediate this issue or close this thread.

I can easily file complaints and I have all the payments details and his address and mr jenson also agreed that this happened due to shipping done by him.

we can easily get into legal battles but I seriously don’t want to get into all that.

Why not? It seems that @jenson believes he went about it the right way. You believe he was wrong. With all due respect to the FMs that have chipped in, it is quite evident that everybody has a different take on the matter and they're more or less equally divided.

If you believe you have been wronged and you have confidence in your stance, go right ahead and let the courts decide.

Pressing this issue here is not going to get you anywhere.

Also, since you believe it's a case of bad packaging rather than @jenson defrauding you by misrepresenting the actual condition of the item, please don't file a police case against him simply to coerce him.

In any case, your views have been recorded publicly so this can be used as evidence against you if you decide to file a police complaint.

Both parties should have exercised diligence and liability cannot be fastened only on the seller.

If the functionality isn't affected because of the damage and if you really did get a steal deal (can't judge as I don't know the prices) then you're better off taking the loss and stop adding more stress in your life, especially not in these tough times.

The seller could've been careless but he definitely had no intention to scam you by sending already damaged or non functional items so consider that too. Arguing here isn't going to solve anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back