Last Updated: 12th December 2017
To enhance the quality of the discussion along with the content of HiFiVision.com, we request that you abide by the following rules and guidelines when viewing, posting or replying to messages in the forum.
- We take the "Be Polite" rule very seriously. We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Hate, racist, foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics are STRICTLY prohibited. Even indirect use of abusive language (e.g. B****) will attract moderator action.
- As a member, your posts and comments must contribute and/or add value to the topic under discussion. Posting irrelevant content not related to the topic under discussion and/or sarcastic comments and/or snide remarks, or any other content that can lead to derailment or disruption of the smooth flow of discussion will attract moderator action and can lead to your ban.
- Since we do not collect personal information on this site we cannot determine or verify the identity of any member or the credentials or the level of expertise or authenticity of information or knowledge claimed by any member. We, therefore, suggest members not to base their decisions solely on comments, information or claims made by any other individual member or a group of members but rather use their own judgement. Any decision you take based on any information mentioned anywhere at www.HiFiVision.com is totally your own responsibility. HiFiVision.com or any of its associates or related parties and moderators do not vouch for any claims made by any member and will in no way be responsible for any of your decision based on any information mentioned by any member at HiFiVision.com!
- If any member makes any accusations about any retailer/manufacturer/distributor/dealer or individual member, they must first submit a verified/certified photo identity proof of their full name and address to forums admin along with verified/certified proof of the accusation. It's easy to exaggerate the events to favour your side of the story, but ultimately this is not the truth if you cannot backup your accusations without proof. Posting any such information without relevant proof will lead to your immediate ban without any warning.
- Post libelous, insulting, antagonistic, racist, aggressive or otherwise abusive remarks about any individual or company either within forum posts or the PM (Private Message) system without verified proof will lead to your immediate ban. We reserve the right to read the relevant PM or PMs where we receive a complaint that a forum user has received a PM or PMs breaking this rule.
- No personal attacks on any member will be entertained. This includes any direct/indirect attempt at trolling.
- All members will have an open window period of 60 minutes during which time they may edit their posts. After this period members will not be able to edit their posts in any way whatsoever.
- www.HiFiVision.com is a free open and public forum. All content posted by members will be visible to all. If you have security and/or privacy concern then please do not register with us. Members request for their account/thread/post deletion or closure will not be entertained for any reason or in any way whatsoever. Please consider all privacy and/or security concerns that you may have before opening an account with us.
- You cannot SPAM or Solicit your products and/or services to any other member directly or indirectly in any way whatsoever. If you Solicit or SPAM our members in any manner, your account will be disabled. Do not contact anyone to suggest your product and/or service who is not explicitly expecting you to contact them in any way whatsoever.
- Your account is yours alone. You are responsible for any activity created with it. You may not share your account login with anyone. If you choose to ignore this important restriction your account, and any accounts associated with it, will be disabled..
- All publicly displayed messages are limited to the English language. This includes posts, titles, signatures, and any attachments or other forms of public display.
- Do not post text in ALL UPPER CASE. The internet community considers this to be SHOUTING and therefore discourteous.
- Avoid using text speak. There is plenty of capacity for creating eloquent, correctly punctuated posts. Txt speak will not get a good response from forum members and is likely to be deleted by moderators.
- Posts that bring a thread to the top of the New Posts list but add no content to the thread (bumps) are not permitted. This applies not only to posts that say "bump" but to those with the intent to bump, e.g. posts saying "anyone?" or the equivalent.
- Signature Spam (a post that was made in hopes of showing a signature, as determined by moderators) is forbidden in all forum categories.
- Your username/signature/post/thread cannot contain any information (like website link, contact address, contact telephone number, contact email, etc) to promote your business, website, products and/or services. Advertising in your signature/post/thread is not allowed. Also your signature/post/thread may not advertise or link to a competing site or an alternative to HiFiVision.com. The only way you can advertise your products and/or services is by advertising with us.
- You may not post commission, referral or affiliate links anywhere on the forum.
- Cross-Posting is not allowed here. Cross-posting refers to posting new duplicate threads or posts, or the linking to threads or posts already started by the member with the intention of gaining exposure.
- You may not post words or URLs that are censored by adding spaces, dots, or substituting characters; or by any other means in an attempt to defeat any censors put in place by HiFiVision. Please contact us if you feel a word or URL is unjustly censored.
- You may not link, in any manner, to sites or images containing pornography, sexually explicit, gross violence, or are determined by moderators to be detrimental to the community
- You may not bump threads. Bumping can refer to posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of its forum. Moderators will use their discretion, depending on the nature of the post, as to whether to take action or not.
- You may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company; without first-hand experience of those products or services. All complaints against any product seller or service provider must be accompanied by authentic documentary evidence and can only be posted in the forums with the permission of the administrator. Any post not meeting a moderator's criteria will be removed without notice.
- You are not allowed to conduct any discussion whatsoever soliciting, exchange, modifying or sharing or renting using firmware/hacks/torrents/seeding, etc of illegal and/or copyright material of any nature including ebooks, music, movies, software programs, etc.
- We do not encourage any discussion related to in any way whatsoever of hacking and/or modifying the firmware of a usable product with the intention of subverting the original use of that product in a particular region/country.
- You are not allowed to start any "Interest Check" threads in this forum. If you would like to sell your used gear please start a new thread in the "For Sale By Owner" forum
- Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled.
- We would appreciate the new members using the search feature before posting on topics that have already been discussed extensively before.
- Please title threads accurately in order to represent the subject matter that they contain.
- Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way. We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our forums is a privilege and not a right.
- Nonobservance of the above-mentioned rules will lead to an immediate warning, an infraction, and deletion of the concerned post. Repeated offenses will lead to the member being permanently banned from HiFiVision.com!
- If you feel that a member of this forums has violated any of the above-mentioned rules and would like to bring that thread or post to our attention, then please click on the Report Post of the post or Contact Us.
By registering with www.HiFiVision.com you grant to HiFiVision.com and the owners of HiFiVision.com a non-exclusive, royalty-free license over all content posted by you on HiFiVision.com, to display, copy and modify such content for the purposes of operating HiFiVision.com and all functions relating thereto. As such any request for deletion or removal of any content posted by a member will not be entertained unless otherwise determined by the moderators or administrators of the forum/site.