it will remain that way till i upgrade them

however for now i face a problem
please help me solve it ,if it can

now
im running a mobo with no inbuilt graphics
the AGP slot i have is 2x (3.3v)

the dispaly card i have has only 1 output-
VGA
(though our deal friend Rahul aka gobble offered me a 2x/4x card with DVI and VGA outs unfortunately its not working-maybe it isint compatible on my mobo AGP)

now for my music listening i have sourced a 7 inch touch screen which works at 800*468 resolution

this solves my "music PC"

however obviously i cannot watch movies on a tiny monitor and hence i would also like to connect an LCD (26 inch)

the LCD in question has a VGA ,HDMI ,component inputs and the regular red yello white rcas

i have the following questions

Question1
Is there a way i can use some kind of vga splitter and connect my 7 inch touchscreen AND the lcd tv simaltaneously via that 1 VGA out on my display card
when im listening to music i would use only the 7 inch touch and when i watch movies i can increase the resoulution and use the lcd
is this possible ?
how?
any splitter?

Question2
can i switch between the PC display and my regualr Hathway cable(connected via red white yellow component) easily using the tv remote on the LCD
(this might me a duh question to most but you ee im used to a CRT which has only 1 input so i dont know if this is possible in our new LCD's)

i have tried sourcing graphics cards with 2 outputs however i find that the new ones availble willnot be compatible with my mobo.
Used cards that might be compatible are hard to come by ( morever i dont think the compatible ones mayevenhave 2 outputs! )

please help on the above queries

hello all
ive documented my HTPC build

as you all know the components except for the soundcard are archaic and modest
it will remain that way till i upgrade them

however for now i face a problem
please help me solve it ,if it can

now
im running a mobo with no inbuilt graphics
the AGP slot i have is 2x (3.3v)

VGA
(though our deal friend Rahul aka gobble offered me a 2x/4x card with DVI and VGA outs unfortunately its not working-maybe it isint compatible on my mobo AGP)

now for my music listening i have sourced a 7 inch touch screen which works at 800*468 resolution

this solves my "music PC"

however obviously i cannot watch movies on a tiny monitor and hence i would also like to connect an LCD (26 inch)

the LCD in question has a VGA ,HDMI ,component inputs and the regular red yello white rcas

i have the following questions

Question1
Is there a way i can use some kind of vga splitter and connect my 7 inch touchscreen AND the lcd tv simaltaneously via that 1 VGA out on my display card
when im listening to music i would use only the 7 inch touch and when i watch movies i can increase the resoulution and use the lcd
is this possible ?
how?
any splitter?

Question2
can i switch between the PC display and my regualr Hathway cable(connected via red white yellow component) easily using the tv remote on the LCD
(this might me a duh question to most but you ee im used to a CRT which has only 1 input so i dont know if this is possible in our new LCD's)

i have tried sourcing graphics cards with 2 outputs however i find that the new ones availble willnot be compatible with my mobo.
Used cards that might be compatible are hard to come by ( morever i dont think the compatible ones mayevenhave 2 outputs! )

please help on the above queries

1. yes you can use a vga splitter cable. see link

VGA Splitter cable (1xDSUB-15 to 2x DSUB-15)

search on google for other similar products.

2. Use the AV button on the remote for this.

1.as said earlier ,use VGA splitter (with switch if possible).lamington Rd.
@doors666 ,this cable need extension too as spli cables are female & disply may need maletype.

2.Connect VGA to Display's PC input(D sub) slot & Hathway to Component/Composite.With remote you can select the input.

Last edited:
VGA

Oink!! Not Working?!! Did you check bios settings? Is the fan on the card rotating? Does the monitor led change its glowing signal atleast when you plug and unplug the cable? Did you check if your cable is working?

Regards

Oink!! Not Working?!! Did you check bios settings? Is the fan on the card rotating? Does the monitor led change its glowing signal atleast when you plug and unplug the cable? Did you check if your cable is working?

Regards

nway its quite wierd
the PC boots up it shows the screen where it recognises the primary master,secondary master etc and then shows
veryifying pool data......
then just goes blank with red and green vertical lines or sometimes just blank

if i press Del (during bootup) to enter bios its just a blue and yellow haze with random letters and digits across the screen
i cant read anything

what do you think the problem is

the card says its 2x and 4x comaptible so technically it should work on my 2x agp intel 845 mobo
im althe more surprised that it doesnt work on this P4 intel 845 based mobo because the card specs state that is should work on P3 based mobos too!

heres the card link
Radeon 7500
and
ATI Radeon 7500 Graphics Card reviews - CNET Reviews

technically it should work
what must i be doing wrong?

resolution is set to 800*468 once and 1024*... another time
card didt work in either condition

i cant enter bios too so im kinda stuck

my older card when popped it works fine

what do you guys think the problem is?

P.S yes fan rotates

You need a graphic card which supports dual display.:sad:

Its not working since both your screens have different resolutions and your graphich card understand that it is sending signal to one display while your displays are sending back confusing signal form both the displays.:lol:

If you using the vga splitter, then you will have to configure one setting and use it. When you use the other display, you will need to change the setting again.
This you can do by going onto your desktop , rightclick>properties>setting and there you can change screen resolution every time your use a different display.
If your graphic card had the ability to do dual disply then you would have seen two screens here 1& 2.:cool:

I think the OS supports the multi card setup (also XP supports 2 monitors at a time that can be selected in the display settings). So plug the card which is having issue and unplug the 1st one. If it still has the issue, then it could be an incompatibility issue. Try asking the ATI support.

Troubleshooting: You have not specified the following:

Does only one display work seperately. (Does it work only with the touch screen or just with your 26" LCD??)

If yes, then its your mobo compatibility issue with dual display.

if not, then you have a display problem from your motherboard itself.

I think it is a kvm switch and not a splitter - u can use a single display with 2 different computers. Very similar to what you see in server rooms.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back