10 Audio Myths?

sidvee

At-least according to Audioholics. I agree to some of them having experienced those personally.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:

At-least according to Audioholics. I agree to some of them having experienced those personally.
Cheers,
Sid
Thanks for these links. I realised some of my deeply held beliefs about Subs are myths!

Thanks for these links. I realised some of my deeply held beliefs about Subs are myths!
My suggestion Analogous, if possible, try to experience them for yourself. Some of the points are quite valid and in my usage I concur, however there are some other points I disagree with. Anyways it is definitely a starting point, to avoid folklore type myths in audio and HT which are told and retold till they become gospel.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
My suggestion Analogous, if possible, try to experience them for yourself. Some of the points are quite valid and in my usage I concur, however there are some other points I disagree with. Anyways it is definitely a starting point, to avoid folklore type myths in audio and HT.
Cheers,
Sid
That would mean buying a ported subwoofer to compare in my room, when I already have three sealed ones, two of which I am trying to sell!:) The explanation in the articles seem quite convincing to me (Re: Subwoofers)
But overall a lot of food for thought in these articles.

That would mean buying a ported subwoofer to compare in my room, when I already have three sealed ones, two of which I am trying to sell!:) The explanation in the articles seem quite convincing to me (Re: Subwoofers)
But overall a lot of food for thought in these articles.
I used to have 2 ported subs, which I sold off and got 3 sealed subs. :D . And I am definitely not going back to ported. However in defence of some of the points in the subwoofer myths, in my case the issues with the ported subs were mostly related to setup/location., and not any inherent shortcomings of the design itself. However I find it much, much easier to locate and integrate sealed subs.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:

Cheers,
Sid
Very good articles..
The reference levels point is useful..
Though a little headroom makes sure the the max volume we use would be produced with minimal distortion.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back