1080p projector from Singapore

glad

Let me be brief.

I want to buy a cheap but branded 1080p home theater projector from Singapore for taking to India. Can you recommend some model and place to buy. It will be great if it comes with international warranty (usually Sony does)

projector from Singapore

Let me be brief.

I want to buy a cheap but branded 1080p home theater projector from Singapore for taking to India. Can you recommend some model and place to buy. It will be great if it comes with international warranty (usually Sony does)

Let me not be brief.

I am using hitachi projector, with no problems at all, the new model pj 300, could be a good one. There will be other good brands too, but i do not know them, by the time i come to know about them, you would have allready landed in india, i am sure other members will be able to throw good light.

How will you come to know that it is cheap out in singapore, are you saying that you have allready taken the prices from indian dealers, if this is how it is than a good move.

I feel if getting the projector from abroad is not cheaper by say 20% compared to the prices in india, than the meaning of import drops.

About the place to buy from, well you will not have any difficulty in searching a large shop of electronic goods, in our country the amount of shopping malls are there, that many large shops you will find in singapore for electronic goods.

The best people to comment which one's are on international warranty, the dealers there in Singapore will be able to tell you.

HP, projectors carry international warranty, and than you say there are chances sony also carries such warranty, but the problem is with these brands, that there projectors are no where near to the good home theatre projectors which are available of other brands, and to top it, these 2 brands, prices are also quite expensive, like for example when we compare with hitachi.

I hope you are also considering to buy from Singapore, all the cables, folding DVD rack, the one i am having is imported from hong kong, it can store around 400 original DVDs's, are you also considering to buy audio video racks, the one's which are not heavy in weight, the universal remote control, DVD player, av receiver, dvd original movies etc.

I believe in customs over here, you can easily get your way out provided the luck, with minimum customs duty, unless you come across a officer who has our gandhi ji's photograph in his wallet.

Vinay.

Last edited:
here are the top 5 1080p projectors you may get there -

1. Sony vpl VW 200
2. Epson tw 1000
3. Optoma HD 80
4. Panasonic PT AE 2000
5. Sanyo PLV 2000

I have found that projectors abroad are comparatively 30 - 40% cheaper than what they are sold here in India, i am talking about projectors sold in authorized shop with company warranty and not Grey market...

u can check these models out, :)

here are the top 5 1080p projectors you may get there -

1. Sony vpl VW 200
2. Epson tw 1000
3. Optoma HD 80
4. Panasonic PT AE 2000
5. Sanyo PLV 2000

I have found that projectors abroad are comparatively 30 - 40% cheaper than what they are sold here in India, i am talking about projectors sold in authorized shop with company warranty and not Grey market...

u can check these models out, :)

I looked at most of these projectors so i can give you a some pros and cons.

Epson Tw1000
Great projector. But no 24fps@60hz which means 3:2 pull down considerable drawback for blu ray playback.

Panasonic AE2000
Great projector best i chose the same for my HT. Best on specs, brightness, does 24fps without pulldown perfect for blu ray in the future.

Optoma HD80
The DLP's are not as friendly with placement flexibility as LCD so none of the optoma dlp high end models would fit in my room.

Sanyo
Nice projector a bit cheaper but if you have the budget trust me the Panansonic for its specs is worth it.

If i remember correctly the epson, panasonic and sanyo use the D7 panel by epson. Epson has fixed this 24fps@60hz feature in their newer TW2000 that might be more comparable to the panasonic.

satish

Last edited:
amen to the models above. (expensive though. try 720p native with a good upscaler dvd. most people cant tell the difference if done right.)

finalize 2 models.

make a list of the cheapest USD prices you can find online for these.

get the exchange rate and a calculator

offer the seller cash for an under invoice (under rs. 25k if possible.)

do no carry the box or accessories in the same check in bag.

try and make it old and convince customs that its was used.

try the sim lim square electronics shopping mall. grey mrkt.
old, dirty but 6 or 7 floors of electronics utopia.

these shopkeepers hate it if you ask for the price and dont buy it. so always lowball. make an offer that he cant give. If he does youre set. if not move on .....you can always come back.

always test the product out and make sure all the extras are with it.

REMEMBER SALES ARE FINAL!!!! NO MATTER WHAT!!!

P.S - take extra cash for all the electronics that you didnt know you wanted when you get there.

happy shopping.

k

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back