110ohms AES/EBU Digital interconnects with XLR termination.

ZzZzZ

Hey, i was looking for an 110ohms AES/EBU Digital interconnects with XLR termination the length needed is around 1 meter, this would be used to connect my DDC to my DAC.
Can someone guide me where to find decent 110ohms AES/EBU interconnects?

That DDC would already have done enough damage, needen't worry about the connectors, connector pins are only few mm. If it really matters, best connector is no connector. Hardwire the aes cable, soldering too will affect impedance.

That DDC would already have done enough damage, needen't worry about the connectors, connector pins are only few mm. If it really matters, best connector is no connector. Hardwire the aes cable, soldering too will affect impedance.
I think DDC is meant to clean the signal rather than damaging it. Kindly elaborate how a digital to digital converter damages the signal ?

+1 to that. By putting a DDC one is complicating the whole chain by carrying the i2s signal through a long noisy cable from one unit to another. And absolutely yes - The best connector is no connector.

I think DDC is meant to clean the signal rather than damaging it. Kindly elaborate how a digital to digital converter damages the signal ?
DDC is a thing where manufacturer says that I have a better clock than your interface. So send me the i2s signal and I will make the sound better. What if your DAC already has a better clock. The I2S signal which is sent from the usb interface to the DAC chip is supposed to travel very short distance. So usually it is on the PCB itself with just few mm of distance. By separating it you are making it prone to catch noise. DDC is something that is promoted heavily by PS audio and Denafrips.

One generally "needs" a DDC in the same way that one "needs" an Audiophile Ethernet switch. But if a person is convinced that DDC is a must then no objective measurement will satisfy the person. The brain will hear what the person wants to hear. Whatever rocks the boat. But DDC will help if your source has a bad clock, is noisy or both - e.g. a computer or streamer based on computer like the raspberry PIs, etc

and this. Listen to the video and you will know which company that guy Tarun is advertizing.

Last edited:
The wire specs says it's 110ohm but what about connectors? Doesn't connectors impedance come into equation while considering whole cable ?
Uses neutrik connectors, which are pretty much the standard for aes cables. The only workaround is to direct wire at both ends and skip the connector altogether.

Uses neutrik connectors, which are pretty much the standard for aes cables. The only workaround is to direct wire at both ends and skip the connector altogether.
The wire specs says it's 110ohm but what about connectors? Doesn't connectors impedance come into equation while considering whole cable ?
The link posted by Jai is what you need. Just chose the correct gender of the neutrik connector based on what you have on your DDC output and your DAC input

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back