110v - 230v convertion.

Hi,

Dinyaar you ;) ! Sure checkout Am confident that you should be able to get one easily !!

NandaKumar ,See thats for sure !! but then again why are you soo bent on Krell any particular reason ??

Otherwise the only option is to check for all the stuff posted here and confirm 100% then buy !!

But I'd still recommend you to check the Odyssey !!

Regards.

Thanks Soundsgreat. Will check at lamington road over the weekend and get something reliable and not too expensive. I could have sent my buddy to some of my DIY friends and they would have done it in a jiffy but they are both sitting in bangalore and hence i have to do this myself!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks again and best regards
DK

Hi Dinyaar,

Here's a good source to buy multimeters, etc. in India. They will courier to you on COD.
::::::: Welcome to the House of Instruments ::::::::

Hi,

Awedeophile This is something very very good that you've brought all our notices !Thanks for this info ! and buddy the address you've given is of chennai's so that will not be a best source for buying since LT Rd is much better and also the possibility of huge discounts on the grey Fluke meter and also option of bargaining !! Anyway thanks a lot for the link ! I myself Am looking to upgrade my meter if they have what I want may be I'll pick-up on my next trip to chennai (visit frequently) !!

But my question still remains ! is this krell worth all this ?? To me quite frankly a strict NO NO ! when umpteen number of better brands available here in India very easily I don't see a point all this effort and not to mention the Amount of Extra money spent !!

So Nandakumar I think all your questions are answered to the last degree !! so make a wise decision and choose what you wish to buy !!

Regards.

hi soundsgreat,
it is the price 1500$ which is making the krell attractive, I dont know how much it cost in india, some say 130k and the convertion kits are available for 100$ in
us. As far as the other brands are concerned it is a different issue altogether,

Hi,

Ok the price ! I agree that its a very attractive price,no doubt:p !! but the related hassles is what Am worried about !! See thinking something and actually what you get are two different things !

Lets say even the converter costs just 100$,but that does not mean that it will be a 100% perfect unit ! so still you are in dark ! untill and unless you try it out you won't know for sure whether it does what it says or what ?? so assuming all the risks one has to go about deciding !!The very reason for selecting these kind of Audio gear is for their accurate sound reproduction ! hence taking a chance on the very same( as you use these so called converters in addition to the stepdown converter etc etc) is something I don't recommend ! I've seen N number of people doing similar kind of mistake and regret later !! So I honestly don't want you to go through that trauma thats why Am persisting,otherwise why would I ??

Anyway as I said earlier itself its your call ! you are the man ;) !

Dinyaar I checked the pricing of the Fluke meters here in the local market ! Am glad to inform that the 15B and 17B ( both are china specific models) costs 4900 and 5400 here in bangalore.both the meters are very good and so are the prices !! Also the 170 series available which is available both in grey and with bill ! in the local market its priced at 7K approx !with bill I don't know!

Please check the attached spec of the same !

Fluke%2015%2617B.jpg

Regards.

Hi,
Thanks for the concern and I really appreciate you for it.
Many guys have done this and i am also doing the same thing for my mobile. But after your concern i am rethinking the whole issue. I think someone in this forum has purchased krell from us and he using it. I could not get any information about him and if you get it please put it on the forum.
with regards,
nanda kumar

Thanks Shreekant and awedeophile. Will try looking at LT road once i return to bbay. Thanks again
Regards

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back