2.1 Altec Lansing Speakers

where can get these speakers in hyderabad for 6800?? i went to CTc and they are quoting 8200. even raasi peripherals have the same answer. any help is deeply appreciated

where can get these speakers in hyderabad for 6800?? i went to CTc and they are quoting 8200. even raasi peripherals have the same answer. any help is deeply appreciated

IMO if you go to big malls and total consumer grade shops (i.e. Everything ranging from TV to fridge) then you are sure to hear that kind of massive price, even if you contact the Importers directly, they will generally charge more, i don't know why but i have myself experienced it, only the computer shops can give you that at 6800. even if you go to small comp shop, they will call the distributor and arrange the product,

Believe me i got myself a MX5021 few weeks back for 6750 from mahavir(Richie , Chennai)
Yes, but the thing is that they are not much in demand and slowly getting out of stock, so you better get it fast, also don't at all buy for 8000. that's just unfair.

IMO if you go to big malls and total consumer grade shops (i.e. Everything ranging from TV to fridge) then you are sure to hear that kind of massive price, even if you contact the Importers directly, they will generally charge more, i don't know why but i have myself experienced it, only the computer shops can give you that at 6800. even if you go to small comp shop, they will call the distributor and arrange the product,

Believe me i got myself a MX5021 few weeks back for 6750 from mahavir(Richie , Chennai)
Yes, but the thing is that they are not much in demand and slowly getting out of stock, so you better get it fast, also don't at all buy for 8000. that's just unfair.

i went to a lot of small computer shops at CTc. i know them pretty well and lot of them dont screw around. i went to the distributor raasi perphrials (from altec lansing site) and they demanded 8400( thats like 300 extra form the shops). anyone know abt any other distributors in hyderabad. i was trying for the last two weeks and i am really getting frustrated

In that case u should wait for some time, cos yesterday i went to the shops to buy MIDI DJ console, earlier they had quoted price as Rs 30000/- but yesterday they quoted the same product as Rs 52000/-. I was shocked, i asked the reason and they told me that it was due to some rupee rate conversion going high or something like that, I have no knowledge in economics but i am sure not spending 52000 for something that is just 24000 in US.

Pls verify with the distributor if he has enough stock, cos low stock drives them crazy and eventually quote high.

Cos once a shopkeeper asked for 14000 for a Nokia 6233 (costs jst 7000 bucks) because he had the last new piece in whole chennai.

and also ask to display the BOX, cos it will always have that IMPORTER's TAG with all manufacture date, importing date and price, the price would reveal the correct price, if it is teared or scratched then nail the dealer

Last edited:
In that case u should wait for some time, cos yesterday i went to the shops to buy MIDI DJ console, earlier they had quoted price as Rs 30000/- but yesterday they quoted the same product as Rs 52000/-. I was shocked, i asked the reason and they told me that it was due to some rupee rate conversion going high or something like that, I have no knowledge in economics but i am sure not spending 52000 for something that is just 24000 in US.

Pls verify with the distributor if he has enough stock, cos low stock drives them crazy and eventually quote high.

Cos once a shopkeeper asked for 14000 for a Nokia 6233 (costs jst 7000 bucks) because he had the last new piece in whole chennai.

and also ask to display the BOX, cos it will always have that IMPORTER's TAG with all manufacture date, importing date and price, the price would reveal the correct price, if it is teared or scratched then nail the dealer

the dealer told me that he does not have any stock, that i have to buy from a distributor. the quoted the same price. anybody know any all india distributors of altec lansing?

there is also z-2300 available, but i heard that it dies in a year time. there are some many complaints about it.

Yes, that's the reason, if the dealer is backing out, that means the stock is quite low, All India importer of this is Rashi Peripherals, try calling them at New delhi headquarters or Mumbai branch,
OR just ask some relative in Chennai, I saw some good stock here at Richie street at different shops, BTW call first and confirm it.

about the Logitech one, i am not sure abt its sound or durability, If any other forum member can help in this regard

For anyone interested in Bangalore, Computerwarehouse at MG Road has some of these in stock (For Rs 6790). I got mine today door delivered for Rs. 7093 which includes delivery and VAT. Cant wait to get home and set it up!

If you are interested, hurry up as whatever you are getting are the last few pieces since mx5021 speakers are no longer in production.

Yes, that's the reason, if the dealer is backing out, that means the stock is quite low, All India importer of this is Rashi Peripherals, try calling them at New delhi headquarters or Mumbai branch,
OR just ask some relative in Chennai, I saw some good stock here at Richie street at different shops, BTW call first and confirm it.

about the Logitech one, i am not sure abt its sound or durability, If any other forum member can help in this regard

The altec lansing mx 5021 are mind blowing. I have reviewed them. And check the forums online. Just too good at that price point. Mumbai u can get them for about 6.5. Yes Rashi is the importer. The z2300 is also powerful, but doesnt fall in the same price point. And the bass is not as taut at altec lansing. But neither will last too long. Since one satellite speaker in any case has the electronics and if the power transformer in any blows up, they charge you slightly less than the cost of a fullnew system. Pretty dumb and quite a rip off. I just left my setup at their repair center when they refused to charge reasonably for repairs. Till date I never got it back.

For anyone interested in Bangalore, Computerwarehouse at MG Road has some of these in stock (For Rs 6790). I got mine today door delivered for Rs. 7093 which includes delivery and VAT. Cant wait to get home and set it up!

If you are interested, hurry up as whatever you are getting are the last few pieces since mx5021 speakers are no longer in production.

BTW, what is your connection? Are you playing with movies too from dvd/tv?
Yes i did check with Computerwarehouse at MG Road and they did specify this price. I also checked with Megabyte Inc and they quoted Rs 6400 + 4% VAT. Any way the difference is mariginal. But would like to know from where could i buy? Is Megabyte good (in terms of after sales service or otherwise) when compared to Computerwarehouse at MG Road or vice versa?
Can anyone let me know?

last weekend I checked the prices for mx 5021 on SP road, the quote I got without bargaining was 6300 + vat.

Can you provide me the shop/ contact details, pls?

Nope, dont remember the name of the shop. On the main road, cross sp road (i.e. dont take a left for sp road,but go straight ahead), some 20m later, on the left you will see a bunch of shops in an enclosed space, its the 3rd or 4th shop on left.
Never mind the shop, he basically called the dealer on an extension (all sp road shops are on an extension, check next time, they dial a 4-5 digit number) and got this price, ask a few of the shops and someone will surely give you this price.

Hi,
Can anybody tell me where I can audition these in Pune? I am not sure if computer shops understand the concept of auditioning:rolleyes: But no harm trying.

I observe that everyone is raving about crisp highs of this unit... what about details? Do we get good detail in midrange? If yes, I will seriously think about getting rid of my present Videocon 2.1 system (its good on bass and midrange punch but wish for more detail)

regards,

I use my computer speakers only to listen to music and watch movies. Should I go for these 2.1 speakers or should I go for something else like the VS3251 which is 2k cheaper and is 5.1?

Also, I'm from Chennai, does anyone know where I can audition these speakers? Any replies would be very appreciated.

haiii i want a help to that i want to buy altec lancing mx5021
iam staying in trivandrum .in my location latec lancing mx5021 is not avaliable .. so pls help me buy

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back