2.1 hts

pankaj013

Hi

Can somebody suggest a good 2.1 HTS preferably an AVR that I can combine with a seperate DVD player. My needs are playing rental movies and listening to music (mostly mp3). Budget is max 20K.

pankaj, if you don't want 5.1, why do you want an AVR? why don't you get a nice quality stereo amp and a pair of floorstanders? or even a nice stero amp and a pairof bookshelves?

the CA 340A (14k) or CA 340A SE (16k) are good budget stereo amps. add 11k and you can get a pair of wharfedale diamond 9.1 bookshelves. Once again full disclosure, this is a combo I am planning to buy somewhere down the line, and I am looking for guinea pigs!

I did hear about Sonodyne introducing a "soundbar" called the ex-bar, which you could consider if it is within your budget (no idea of the cost as of now)

pankaj, if you don't want 5.1, why do you want an AVR? why don't you get a nice quality stereo amp and a pair of floorstanders? or even a nice stero amp and a pairof bookshelves?

the CA 340A (14k) or CA 340A SE (16k) are good budget stereo amps. add 11k and you can get a pair of wharfedale diamond 9.1 bookshelves. Once again full disclosure, this is a combo I am planning to buy somewhere down the line, and I am looking for guinea pigs!

I did hear about Sonodyne introducing a "soundbar" called the ex-bar, which you could consider if it is within your budget (no idea of the cost as of now)

Sorry for this posting but I require urgent help. I bought Sony ns708HP and to connect it with Samsung 26" LCD TV. Whether I use HDMI or Component I am getting picture which is a little bit hazy(not sharp). It is not with dvd player only . Picture quality remains the same Even withTATA Sky connection also. It is something related to the TV itself I think.Earlier everything was OK when I was using LG DVD Player and a local one too.
Please help.

Sorry for this posting but I require urgent help. I bought Sony ns708HP and to connect it with Samsung 26" LCD TV. Whether I use HDMI or Component I am getting picture which is a little bit hazy(not sharp). It is not with dvd player only . Picture quality remains the same Even withTATA Sky connection also. It is something related to the TV itself I think.Earlier everything was OK when I was using LG DVD Player and a local one too.
Please help.

Need more diagnosis before confirming its the TV.

Can you connect back the LG player to see if the TV shows it as it was before? Also check your connections properly. What format are you displaying the DVD signal at? 480 i/p or higher resolution? Is your cable good - you can try using at on another TV or at a friends to see if it fine.

What are the resolution settings on your TV?

Can somebody suggest a good 2.1 HTS preferably an AVR that I can combine with a seperate DVD player. My needs are playing rental movies and listening to music (mostly mp3). Budget is max 20K.

Why don't you consider Logitech Z2300 along with a higher quality version of audio switch (eBay India: STEREO AUDIO/VIDEO SWITCH WITH HI-QUALITY RCA CABLE (item 170298570166 end time 06-Feb-2009 13:14:43 IST)).

I know the audiophiles around might want to kill me but for rental movies and music for a non audiophile this should be fine. I am thinking of a similar setup for myself as I hate wires running around; but waiting for my amp to die.

Let us know which 2.1 you are picking.

Sankar

Why don't you consider Logitech Z2300 along with a higher quality version of audio switch (eBay India: STEREO AUDIO/VIDEO SWITCH WITH HI-QUALITY RCA CABLE (item 170298570166 end time 06-Feb-2009 13:14:43 IST)).

I know the audiophiles around might want to kill me but for rental movies and music for a non audiophile this should be fine. I am thinking of a similar setup for myself as I hate wires running around; but waiting for my amp to die.

Let us know which 2.1 you are picking.

Sankar

Sankar,

I am not sure but what you have suggested only looks to increase the number of RCA outputs. The Logitech are PC speakers and would come with stereo pins and hence incompatible with RCA. Not that it cannot be fixed. What you would need is a stereo to RCA type of cable. I have done something similar for a friend who wanted to use his Creative 5.1 speakers as a HT system connected to his Philips DVDP, but PC speakers are not really cut out for a HT system.

Sankar,

I am not sure but what you have suggested only looks to increase the number of RCA outputs. The Logitech are PC speakers and would come with stereo pins and hence incompatible with RCA. Not that it cannot be fixed. What you would need is a stereo to RCA type of cable. I have done something similar for a friend who wanted to use his Creative 5.1 speakers as a HT system connected to his Philips DVDP, but PC speakers are not really cut out for a HT system.

Logitech comes bundled with a RCA to stereo pin converter. Using a audio switch would help increase the number of equipments which can be connected to the system.
I haven't listened to these speakers but I hope these THX cetified should be good enough for non-audiophiles.

Logitech comes bundled with a RCA to stereo pin converter. Using a audio switch would help increase the number of equipments which can be connected to the system.
I haven't listened to these speakers but I hope these THX cetified should be good enough for non-audiophiles.

Ok, that would be great then. Coming to the Logitech, not very musical and very heavy on the bass at least the Z-5500 I had. They were THX certified, 5.1 and great for gaming and idle/background music listening on the PC, but not really cut out for music or a HT system. But for a PC and its usage they absolutely do rock.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back