2.35 : 1 Screen for HT Projector

raj691

Where can I get a 2.35:1 screen around 100 ".
Are they recommended over 16:9. I will be mainly watching Bluray , Bluray rips and DVD over the HD projector

I am planning to go for either panasonice 4000 or Epson 8350 and will use the zoom lens to do the conversion

Is that 100" diagonal or 100" width for 2.35 aspect ratio? If 100" screen width, then it will translate to 66.67" screen width for 16:9 and 75" diagonal. In any case, your 16:9 screen would be very small, almost can be called tiny. 4:3 aspect ratio would be even more small. If I were you, I would go with 16:9 aspect ratio that size and may be mask it down to 2.35. Constant Image width and no zoom.

Welcome to the world of Projector.

In today's scenario to watch movies via DVD seems to be getting fast outdated, it is more outrageous to beam a DVD via HD projector.

It is blue rips which is the best way to go forward especially for regular movie watchers.

V.

I will be mainly watching Bluray , Bluray rips and DVD over the HD projector

Last edited:
I think you should seriously consider to ignore 8350 for reasons threaded in various posts.

V.

I am planning to go for either panasonice 4000 or Epson 8350 and will use the zoom lens to do the conversion

Hi, Any update on the 2.35 screen pricing? I asked a Chennai HT dealer and he quoted me around Rs. 36000 + taxes for a 125" diagonal 2.35 fixed frame screen. Is this too much or is this the prevailing price?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back