2012 plasma's/LED's with 4k feature

Vishu_fbd

Hi Friends,

I am looking to buy a Panny plasma (50ST30), its retailing close to a lac in gurgaon area. Price is pre-bargaining.

My prime considerations are: Having 47-50inch screen, Full HD, 3D and a budget upto a lac and picture quality should be excellent in both SD, HD and 3D. I have read about LG Cinema 3D and its 47 inch model looks fine as well but I want to buy a plasma since I already own one LCD and one LED tv from Sony both 32 inches. Also I have read that playing PS3/Xbox games do not work well with LG LED TVs.

What I hear is that the new range of TVs that are expected in 2012 will be supporting 4k resolution (Quad HD: 3,840 x 2,160 pixels). Even the PS3 supports 4k as per my understanding.

I know it is bit premature but no harm in getting a future ready set and I hear Panny also seem to launching 4k supporting TV's.

Any one any idea on these and also launch of 50 inch VT30 plasma? ST30 im not really impressed with as its 2 level down when compared with VT and GT series.

I am not sure whether should I buy ST30 or wait for a month or two to buy newer TV's. Not keen to buy plasma other than panny. Suggestions?

Tx,
Vishu

Last edited:
Hi Friends,

I am looking to buy a Panny plasma (50ST30), its retailing close to a lac in gurgaon area. Price is pre-bargaining.

My prime considerations are: Having 47-50inch screen, Full HD, 3D and a budget upto a lac and picture quality should be excellent in both SD, HD and 3D. I have read about LG Cinema 3D and its 47 inch model looks fine as well but I want to buy a plasma since I already own one LCD and one LED tv from Sony both 32 inches. Also I have read that playing PS3/Xbox games do not work well with LG LED TVs.

What I hear is that the new range of TVs that are expected in 2012 will be supporting 4k resolution (Quad HD: 3,840 x 2,160 pixels). Even the PS3 supports 4k as per my understanding.

I know it is bit premature but no harm in getting a future ready set and I hear Panny also seem to launching 4k supporting TV's.

Any one any idea on these and also launch of 50 inch VT30 plasma? ST30 im not really impressed with as its 2 level down when compared with VT and GT series.

I am not sure whether should I buy ST30 or wait for a month or two to buy newer TV's. Not keen to buy plasma other than panny. Suggestions?

Tx,
Vishu

Mate, It will help if you can you define the wait period you have in mind ....There is no confirmation but only speculation regarding the launch of 50" VT30. Even if the model is launched you can expect an initial pricing of somewhere between 1.2 to 1.4 lacs.

We can expect newer models such as VT/GT 50 to get released earliest by diwali or later and there again no clarity on which screen sizes will be made available for our country......

Mate, It will help if you can you define the wait period you have in mind ....There is no confirmation but only speculation regarding the launch of 50" VT30. Even if the model is launched you can expect an initial pricing of somewhere between 1.2 to 1.4 lacs.

We can expect newer models such as VT/GT 50 to get released earliest by diwali or later and there again no clarity on which screen sizes will be made available for our country......

I can wait till May at the max :)

No ps3 doesn't support 4k. Even ps4 might not support it! Besides it will take 4k atleast 5-6 years to be where 1080p is now. 5-6 is being optimistic. Also, even if there is any model with 4k is made avail in india, it will be super high end and in bigger screen sizes. Not worth the wait seriously.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back