21 inch CRT

plasmoid

Hi all,
I need to get a 21 inch crt for my bedroom.Will be using only for TV and PS2. Sadly Sony has stopped production of crts :sad:Just wanted to know which is the next best buy.

Thanx in advance

Hi all,
I need to get a 21 inch crt for my bedroom.Will be using only for TV and PS2. Sadly Sony has stopped production of crts :sad:Just wanted to know which is the next best buy.

Thanx in advance

what is your budget dude?:D

Budget is not an issue...want the best PQ around.I was planning to go for the Sony M93 ( with surround sound ) which was priced at 12500 at modern world...I also happened to see the panasonic SLIMFIT tvs which looked pretty good.

Even Philips has a couple of 21" Slim fit Tvs in the Rs.7000 price range.

Me too planning to buy a 21" Slim fit. Still undecided on going for Philips or Panasonic.

Even Philips has a couple of 21" Slim fit Tvs in the Rs.7000 price range.

Me too planning to buy a 21" Slim fit. Still undecided on going for Philips or Panasonic.

Same here...have seen both but cant make a decision:sad:

LG is best option with PQ & service too.See the faetures & look PQ ,you will not be wrong....

LG is best option with PQ & service too.See the faetures & look PQ ,you will not be wrong....

+1 to LG slim tvs (though colour calibration is a bit off but really sharp and nice images with tata sky and ps2). GOW 1 & 2 were completed in 4 days time back to back and the experience was great. So is Tata Sky and occasional DVDs

well around a year ago i was looking for a second tv a 21inch. i checked philips,samsung and sony.i did eventualy go for the sony model priced at 14k,but the one closest to its picture quality where the philips models,it is very good ,but like other tvs can't match the contrast levels of the trinitron picture tubes that u find in sony.so since sony has stopped manufacturing crts ,u can either go for the remaining sony before its all sold out or u can never be wrong with the philips tvs .again soon or later all crts tv production will eventually be stopped.

Budget is not an issue...want the best PQ around.I was planning to go for the Sony M93 ( with surround sound ) which was priced at 12500 at modern world...I also happened to see the panasonic SLIMFIT tvs which looked pretty good.
Then why notgo for 22" to 26" LCD
Save space and PQ better than sony CRT- and bigger size to - as 21" CRT gives Viewable area of 20"
You can get 26" LCD around 20-22 K

Then why notgo for 22" to 26" LCD
Save space and PQ better than sony CRT- and bigger size to - as 21" CRT gives Viewable area of 20"
You can get 26" LCD around 20-22 K

well 22inch lcds are crap with TN panels, basicaly lcd monitors with built in tuners ,with some form of image processing.so unless he sits dead straight both verticaly and horizontaly ,its not worth it.
some 26inch lcds also have a TN panel,lcd tvs with ips or va based lcd are much better but they are more expensive.

Last edited:
well 22inch lcds are crap with TN panels, basicaly lcd monitors with built in tuners ,with some form of image processing.so unless he sits dead straight both verticaly and horizontaly ,its not worth it.
some 26inch lcds also have a TN panel,lcd tvs with ips or va based lcd are much better but they are more expensive.

You say that budget is not a constraint - that is why I suggested 26" LCD ..
In fact If budet and SIZE is not a constraint then I heard that Panasonic sold 103 inch Plasma for 16 Lacks in Mumbai ( Against launch price of 26 L -It was lying in Display!):eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Joking - Anyway Sharp 108 Inch LCD is launched India for 95 Lack - This is example "Money no object,no constraints on price and size!"
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi,
Why dont you stretch your budget slightly and go for Panasonic Tau 29' CRT.
You can take it from me that the DTH content and DVD look fantastic on it. Stunning PQ for a CRT.
Cheers,
sri

I still love the rich color and picture clarity that my 21" LG Flatron CRT brings. It's doing it's duty beautifully in the children's bedroom taking a heavy toll from the small hands. My LG is 8 years old and still going great.

So, go for LG CRT and you won't be dissapointed.

Plasmoid again in CRT 21 is some sort of constraint-like cabinet or space?
Cause 29" TVs are available at attractive pices..
and due to superslim tubes they occupy less volume
In fact I feel that "Avarage" 29" is better than "Best" 21" as CRT is fully matuared and there may not be much difference between brands
A lot of 29" offer Componant in - dunno about 21"
And in Mumbai in one day offers Videocon 29" is sold at 9000 Rs - I think a good price
Last Gudi Padwa a Marathi auspious day even JVC 29" was sold at 9500 - see my post

http://www.hifivision.com/general-chit-chat/3933-gudi-padwa-discounts.html

You can have review of the model from metalbandit

well around a year ago i was looking for a second tv a 21inch. i checked philips,samsung and sony.i did eventualy go for the sony model priced at 14k,but the one closest to its picture quality where the philips models,it is very good ,but like other tvs can't match the contrast levels of the trinitron picture tubes that u find in sony.so since sony has stopped manufacturing crts ,u can either go for the remaining sony before its all sold out or u can never be wrong with the philips tvs .again soon or later all crts tv production will eventually be stopped.

LCD am not interested at all...have looked all over for the sonys...all outta stock and my room is too small for a 29...viewing distance constraints...can u please advise between panasonic and philips in 21...am stuck between the 2.

LCD am not interested at all...have looked all over for the sonys...all outta stock and my room is too small for a 29...viewing distance constraints...can u please advise between panasonic and philips in 21...am stuck between the 2.

well i haven't seen the panasonic crt,but i can tell u that the philips tvs are very close to the sony in picture quality minus the sheer contrast of the sony.

IMHO Philips is very good but "Dyig " Brand in TV esp CRT ( No hard feelings - Me N My bro Have 29" Philips) It seems they are not at all serious about TV and concentrating on DVD , HT & Water Purifiers!

Go for panasonic - that Philips may be old stock
Check my upcoming post - Philips is moving away from consumer electronics!

Back