220v to 110v Voltage Converters

pinkfloyd

I have quite a bit of equipment (including an AV Receiver) bought in US, which sadly doesn't have 220v option. I brought a few voltage converters from US, but I need a few more - mainly 500+watt ones.

Any pointers to where I can get good quality 220v-to-110v voltage converters in Delhi (and approximate price range) please? Any good brands?

Thanks in advance.

I would suggest Maxine. I use a 1KVA step down and its doing good. But hey, just do a search for what u need and there are threads for this 220 to 110 :)

Recently, my AVR got damaged with those plug-type converters even though it'd power rating matching with my AVR. Finally, I purchased "MAXINE" 1 kVA converter (auto type). Though people recommended to buy isolation type, the seller, Mr. Amit R Shah, told me it's not needed for Bangalore (though he sells isolation type one as well).
This post is to update on his contact details for people in Bangalore - 9845673884.
Though the product is available on eBay or Amazon, I approached the company in Chennai and told them I want to check the product first. They provided me Mr. Amit's number - service is good.

Getting an isolation type is like getting a car with airbag. Though we hope that nothing will happen, in rare case, if it happens???. Isolation type is just for an additional safety like a top variant car with safety feature.

Now I am in the market for purchasing a step down transformer. I read a lot about auto and isolated. Twice my very expensive power conditioners were burnt out due to surge from transformers, I purchased in US. they do not come with fuse protection. Additionally I using a 2 KVa for 500 watt Yamaha high end receiver. The equipment costs are over $2000.00 and if it is worth buying isolated transformers, we should. Hopefully some one can give a good advice. thanks

additional 3000/- for an isolated is worth for peace of mind. Maxine supplies isolated on order basis . At Chennai, I ordered and got it within 3 days, .500 kva weighing approx. 19 kgs with universal plugs points in the output points

In case of any malfunction by the transformer due to a surge in electric circuit / supply or by transformer itself, though the probability is less, I would end up spending only for another Transformer and not for all of my burnt equipments.

Regards
PAK

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back