24 AWG

jayantadak

The distance between my AVR Denon X-2000 and Wharfedale Sub-woofer is 18 metres (as it has to be concealed, so few metres are added to it).

(Sub-woofer details)
Amplifier power: 150 W
Line input sensitivity: 200mv for 75 W
Average Max output at 1 metre: 110 db
Boundary response: 35 – 110 Hz
Cross over range: 35 – 85 Hz (6 x 10 db steps)
Can I use a 2 core wire (PRO-KAB <M-1912> High grade professional Low Noise Dual track Microphone cable 19/40 x 2 core (24 AWG)
Please advise. Thanks in advance.

The distance between my AVR Denon X-2000 and Wharfedale Sub-woofer is 18 metres (as it has to be concealed, so few metres are added to it).

(Sub-woofer details)
Can I use a 2 core wire (PRO-KAB <M-1912> High grade professional Low Noise Dual track Microphone cable 19/40 x 2 core (24 AWG)
I presume you are connecting the subwoofer output of AVR to the wharfedale. Since it is a low level sigmal, any good quality RCA cable will do. Since ypu need 18 meters long cable, use a well shielded cable with good quality connectors.

(Sub-woofer details)
Thumb rule of cables, if the distance is longer, it has to be thicker. If it is not thicker, then it has to be of absolute HIGH quality to ensure lossless signal passing without any interference from other elements that can affect the performance.

(Sub-woofer details)
As long as there is no hum, you are ok. That said, 24 AWG is too thin. Being low-frequency, it's unlikely that subwoofer signals will experience loss, but do use a thicker wire if you can.

For subwoofer, stick to 75ohm cable. If you see a branded sw cable with same length ,just go for it.
Secondly a video cable with 75 ohm is available in market. You can try DIY or ask a technician to make it l did made 2 different guage DIY SW cables with video cables for3 mtr distance and l liked thinner which l am still using it. Had bought media bridge SW cable 8ft long time back which l didn't enjoy much as SW cable, it its sounding very good as digital/spdf cable from xonar soundcard to AVR digital in. :)

Back