2nd post as a New Member with some questions!

yellowcurrypaco

I was planning to get the BIC PL 200 II sub which is around Rs 50,000 in India as I can't afford anything higher than that and seemed to be worth its price. On second thoughts, I feel like I can get more out of my money if I went ahead and built a DIY sub. There are some good driver options in both diyaudiocart and audiofy (previously diyaudioparts) but what I'm having a problem with is finding a good amplifier with enough power that can handle subwoofer drivers with max power of 500-600W.
Where can I find a suitable amplifier that can provide these numbers? Can you suggest any product?

I was planning to get the BIC PL 200 II sub which is around Rs 50,000 in India as I can't afford anything higher than that and seemed to be worth its price. On second thoughts, I feel like I can get more out of my money if I went ahead and built a DIY sub. There are some good driver options in both diyaudiocart and audiofy (previously diyaudioparts) but what I'm having a problem with is finding a good amplifier with enough power that can handle subwoofer drivers with max power of 500-600W.
Where can I find a suitable amplifier that can provide these numbers? Can you suggest any product?
I have used bic pl-200-ii and it’s a very good subwoofer. With discounts it should be available for 40-42k. If you know what you are doing DIY is a good choice and we have many happy DIY members here who can guide you. Also do check out my sales post on xtz10.17.

Have you checked Poweramp from crown and emotiva? These can even be run in bridged mode for more output.

MaSh

I have used bic pl-200-ii and it’s a very good subwoofer. With discounts it should be available for 40-42k. If you know what you are doing DIY is a good choice and we have many happy DIY members here who can guide you. Also do check out my sales post on xtz10.17.

Thanks for letting me know but it would be out of my budget!

Have you checked Poweramp from crown and emotiva? These can even be run in bridged mode for more output.

MaSh
I've checked Crown and from what I can remember, they were too expensive in India. I've also looked at inuke 1000dsp and this available for a reasonable price. Plus points to this for having a dsp.
Also, noob question: If an amplifier is said to supply 750W into 8 ohms @bridge mode, does that mean that it shouldn't be used in bridge mode for a 4 ohm driver?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've checked Crown and from what I can remember, they were too expensive in India. I've also looked at inuke 1000dsp and this available for a reasonable price. Plus points to this for having a dsp.
Also, noob question: If an amplifier is said to supply 750W into 8 ohms @bridge mode, does that mean that it shouldn't be used in bridge mode for a 4 ohm driver?

You might have to check on the spec for that. If you can hand carry it from abroad, then great. Else check best bet would be either of these or a DIY poweramp. @Aniket I guess has an amp for a Sub.

Missed that you dropped it from 55k. Transportation will be quite expensive I imagine on top of the 50k.
Anyway, right now my first priority is to design and build a DIY sub.
Well in the current situation, you'd be lucky to get any kind of transportation happening at any cost. So better to look at something in your city itself.

MaSh

Missed that you dropped it from 55k. Transportation will be quite expensive I imagine on top of the 50k.
Anyway, right now my first priority is to design and build a DIY sub.
Ok then best would be to go for the bic pl-200ii. Other options within 50k would be Polk HTS 12. DIY check with FM’s who have built their own subs but again due to the current scenario having materials delivered will be a challenge for now.

In the for sale section I have a sub woofer driver fitted in it's cabinet for sale.

As @MaSh correctly says...transport will be an issue at least till 3 to 4 weeks

But if you can wait...

Hello yellowcurrypaco,

I will suggest few drivers which you can buy from the distributors here in India itself:

1. BMS 12N630 - 600W, 25-300Hz, 96dB, 8ohms
2. BMS 12S330 - 600W, 25-300Hz, 96dB, 8ohms
3. Beyma 12BR70 - 125W, 25-4000Hz, 93dB, 8ohms
4. FaitalPro 12RS550 - 500W, 45-2500Hz, 93dB, 8ohms

they all should fall in your budget. for the amplifier, a custom design can be built. you can contact me

Regards,
Aniket

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back