3020i Q acoustics vs 225 wharfedale

amit11

Hi Friends,

I am a bit confused between Q acoustics 3020i and wharfedale 225 book shelf speakers. I was able to audition Q acoustics but not the other. For wharfedale the dealer had version 220 but he did not demo saying that is a packed piece and if they open it i would have to purchase it, so they were a bit reluctant for whatever reason. Initially before these 2 speakers i had shortlisted wharfedale 220 but then read somewhere it sounds boxy hence thought for 225 version instead of 220.

My confusion is i did not find 3020i to have low end, not that i want deep bass but in general warmth was missing. In contrast what i have read and heard in youtube about wharfedale 225 they are warm and detailed with good midrange.

3020i had open and airy sound stage. 225 may have less.
Another point is i am going to wall-mount the speakers at 6 -7 feet height. Now for 3020i the stands from Q acoustics can be purchased and they are designed for them and they would look good on wall mount. However for 225, there is no wharfedale specific wall-mount rather it is a universal kind of and after mounting it may not give the simple and elegant look which Q acoustics will give.

My worry is if i purchase 3020i, i may feel them bright and un-enjoyable? and i if i buy 225 wharfedale then i am not sure how will they sound. From reviews they sound promising.

regards,
amit11.

I have used around 3 months Q acoustics 3020 not the recent i version.. but the one problem notice they lack of bass.. then i sale it. mid range sweatness also head turners but if you need a good bass response with overall sound stage among this two then go for warfdable 225..
sry for my bad english

I have been a Q-Acoustic user for about 3+ years now, In my humble opinion, they are not for some one who loves very deep bass. They are pretty warm and have their unique sound signature. The 3020i are bookshelves with smaller drivers so please don't expect heavy bass from them. When paired with a quality subwoofer they provide an excellent sound stage. I use an older version (2010i) and I'm quite happy with their performance both for music as well as movies. If you are in 2 Channel stereo music and need an all rounder you could probably think about Wharfdale 225 which has slightly better low end performance compared to Q-Acoustics. Both these are not bright in my opinion, however it would depend on what kind of amp you are mating with. Hope this helps..

I have been a Q-Acoustic user for about 3+ years now, In my humble opinion, they are not for some one who loves very deep bass. They are pretty warm and have their unique sound signature. The 3020i are bookshelves with smaller drivers so please don't expect heavy bass from them. When paired with a quality subwoofer they provide an excellent sound stage. I use an older version (2010i) and I'm quite happy with their performance both for music as well as movies. If you are in 2 Channel stereo music and need an all rounder you could probably think about Wharfdale 225 which has slightly better low end performance compared to Q-Acoustics. Both these are not bright in my opinion, however it would depend on what kind of amp you are mating with. Hope this helps..
I would be using amp yamaha as-500.
I did not get when you say they do not have deep bass but are warm and not bright.
Yes I felt it does not have bass at same time i found it having thin mid-range.

Which subwoofer are you using with your QA bookshelf?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back