32, 40,42" LCD or LED TV Suggestion needed.

Rockfella

Hi folks,
It is time to buy a flat TV for my room after 7 years of watching movies on my Dell 22" and watching no TV at all. Even now I'm buying one to watch blu-ray movies on the display not broadcast TV.

Please pour in your suggestions. Brands I prefer (no clue about brands in TVs, just a faith and broscience knowledge): Sony, Philips and Panasonic. I can consider other brands as well but not LG and Samsung for some reason.

1) Size: 32, 40, 42 depending on price.
2) Full HD
3) Black Panel.
4) Need at least 2 HDMI inputs (PC, Asus Oplay mini or maybe Airtel/Tat Sky in the future)
5) I don't need extra features like high wattage speakers and other jazz which I'll never use. Will be connecting Edifier S530 speakers with it not 5.1 please.
6) Can consider LCD over LED is PQ quality VS price difference is not justified. Just need a robust no nonsense display that will work for years without problems.

Thanks in advance.
Vivek.

Last edited:
There are similar threads active. Please go through and you will get a good idea about current models, prices, pros-cons etc.
Panasonic 42e6 is a good model as per the reviews and feedback in the forum.

go for the panasonic 42e6 which has got excellent reviews and has very good picture in both HD and SD....if you prefer sony then go for 42w650 which has again got excellent reviews and is very good on both HD and SD...take a demo of both these sets and choose a tv which looks good to your eyes....just forget about the reviews and trust your eyes.....reviews can be helpful in choosing tvs but ultimately you have to trust your eyes....all the best

Panasonic 42E6D is good and will suffice your needs. But if you want to watch Blu-Rays, go for plasma. Panasonic 42UT50D will be good for you and it has 3D too. I'm not sure if there are 3 HDMIs but I'm sure about 2.

This model is silver and falls in the "Smart Viera" category. I don't think I'll spend that much. Any entry level models in 32 or 40" range? Black panel is a must and I don't want to buy a "smart" TV (features I will never use)
go for the panasonic 42e6 which has got excellent reviews and has very good picture in both HD and SD....if you prefer sony then go for 42w650 which has again got excellent reviews and is very good on both HD and SD...take a demo of both these sets and choose a tv which looks good to your eyes....just forget about the reviews and trust your eyes.....reviews can be helpful in choosing tvs but ultimately you have to trust your eyes....all the best

I really appreciate your suggestions but I am on a budget. Here is what i really want:

1) 32" size.
2) FULL HD IPS Panel
3) Minimum 2 HDMI ports. One for ASUS OPlay and another for digital TV.

Nothing fancy, i will not browse the net or skype on it. Real basic stuff will be done. Watching HD movies etc.

Last edited:
or you can go for samsung 32eh5000 which has got excellent reviews....no 3d or no smart tv features....good picture on both HD and SD.....you can get it for 30k or even less....another option would be the samsung 32f5100...but if you ask me....i would choose the 32eh5000 for its picture quality.....

32e6b is conferred the best tv award for 2013 for its size category, by whathifi.com.
It's a no brainer.;)

just forgot....panasonic 32e6 is indeed a very good option....just take a demo and check that out...dirac are you happy now....

I would suggest either panny 32e6 or sony W650, panny a bit more VFM due to its inbuilt wifi n 3 yr warranty over Sony.

Yeah, either W650 or E6. See both with your eyes, decide. Btw, all televisions are LCD, LED is just the backlit. None are IPS though.

Last edited:
go to a multibrand showroom and check both the tvs.....both have got excellent reviews but e6 has got slightly better reviews because of its high contrast ratio...just forget about the reviews and trust your eyes....who knows you may like the sony colors better than the panasonic....you might even feel that the sony is cleaner than the panasonic....so it is better to trust your own eyes...remember all tvs will be in the dynamic picture mode in all the showrooms....do not forget to change the picture mode...for sony it is Cinema 1 and for the e6 it is true cinema....these modes may make the picture less brighter in the showrooms but it will be perfect at your house...all the best...

if 32e6 is an ips led then i would recommend the sony 32w650 because usually ips leds have mediocre blacks.....go for the sony...

Ips vs va comparisons will never have an end. They existed from time immemorial and will continue to exist till eternity.
The day I saw the juicy sony w800's picture performance, I decided that IPS screens are more smooth and vibrant than their VA counterparts.
Regarding blacks, an ounce less would not harm the bright picture of an led. Only when seen in totally dark room does one see the greyish black bars. If one is so serious about inky deep blacks then enter plasma.
E6 or a w800 would both be excellant choices in 2013. Though ,the review houses lean more towards the new kid on the block: E6

Ips vs va comparisons will never have an end. They existed from time immemorial and will continue to exist till eternity.
The day I saw the juicy sony w800's picture performance, I decided that IPS screens are more smooth and vibrant than their VA counterparts.
Regarding blacks, an ounce less would not harm the bright picture of an led. Only when seen in totally dark room does one see the greyish black bars. If one is so serious about inky deep blacks then enter plasma.
E6 or a w800 would both be excellant choices in 2013. Though ,the review houses lean more towards the new kid on the block: E6

Well...according to reviews...the 42e6 has inky deep blacks...therefore my eyes are set on the e6. But yes, the 32" version it's a tougher call...some might find 32w650 better as one sore point about 32e6 are it's mediocre black levels.

This makes 42e6 a perfect led for 2013....n 32e6 a little less then perfect.
But, afterall your eyes are the best judge...go to a multibrand showroom n do a side by side comparo.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back