32/40 inch HD-ready LCD suggestion

icclearlee

Hi all,

Initially, I had locked down on Sony 32 EX500, but now I am not so sure after reading some posts saying that there is hardly any PQ difference between a HD ready and Full HD TVs when the TV is 42 inches or less.

Hence I thought lets go for a HD Ready model instead as my watching will be 60% SD DTH and 40% WDTV watching (DVD content mostly).

Since I plan to keep the TV near a window, I am not looking for a Plasma option.

Wanted suggestions from members as to what HD Ready models I should look for. Budget is 45k.

Also wanted to know from their experience whether a 32 inch TV would suffice for a viewing distance of ~10 feet. I read many blogs or reviews mentioning a distance of 6 feet or so for viewing a 32 inch screen.

for SD(dth,cable etc) you may sit as far as possible so that you dont see its drawbacks,If you want to enjoy the PQ of HD need to sit much closer.
My personal exp on a 50" hd content like blurays look best when watched at a close distance of less than 6ft.

I still feel your initial choice, the Ex500, is a good idea for a 32" LCD. IMO, you should really go for a Full HD TV as it is only imperative that more and more channels be offered on HD and sooner or later also in FHD.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back