32" Full HD LCD or 26" LED?

noblejose

I am confused!
I am looking to buy a New (my very first) LCD TV. I am not sure whether I need to go for a Full HD or just stick with HD ready. My usage will be 90% TV but I would like to connect to my laptop for vocational movies and may be some internet and photoshop
. I am from Bangalore and my budget is around 30K, I heard that 26" LED ( samsung or LG) are better than 32" LCDs in same price range. any idea? Please suggest a good model. And any good EMI plans around? ..... hmm.. should I wait to Diwali for better offers?

Thanks kittu,
any suggestions on 32" Full HD brands?
main line brands such as SONY, Samsung are priced high, comparing to Onida, VU, or Croma..
Will there be big difference in Picture Quality?

Thanks kittu,
any suggestions on 32" Full HD brands?
main line brands such as SONY, Samsung are priced high, comparing to Onida, VU, or Croma..
Will there be big difference in Picture Quality?

I'd prefer those Sony , Sam , LG or Pana brands anytime comparing to Onida or VU ... they are worth the money.... You shld be able to get samsung or lg models arround 30k price... Please check the threads for prices. If you are ok with Grey market you can get sony 32 for 26 - 28k...

@noblejose: The top 3 LCD brands are Sony, LG and Samsung.

As per my recent browsing of HFV, I will summarize one model each of the top brand which has the basic features neccessary in a Full HD 32inch TV.

Sony 32EX400
Samsung 32C530
LG 32LD550

Experts can counter or backup my above suggestions.

Apart from the above list, HFV members will suggest you taking a look at Plasma TVs instead if the location of TV is going to be dark and not have much of sunlight. Instead of making an outright decision based on answers you get, I will request you to read the other threads discussing PQ/VFM/size under the Television sub-section. Take a bit of time to go through them to decide for yourself which TV type/brand/size is the best fit for your needs.

I suggest LG 32LD460, or 32LD650 a little high end model with Internet connectivity better response time and contrast.

Even better is to go with 42" X20 Panasonic plasma with another 6 or 7K more.

SONY is expensive than SAMSUNG, Watching TV channels(SD) are better in SONY than SAMSUNG since they have bravia engine and sound is better in SONY.

Otherwise I didnt find much difference. Watching HD content or DVD are same in samsung and SONY.

You should choose the TV with good contrast ratio. Otherwise it will look dull.

Even though HD ready or FULL HD doesnt make much difference on 32" TV , you can better buy FULL HD which would be useful for longer run.

Last edited:
You are looking for a display which you ocassionally want to connect to a laptop for movies, net surfing, etc. so better to avoid plasma. Especially for reading text, HD ready plasmas are really poor.
Your budget is around 30K, and you want to go in for a FullHD LCD. You can consider Sony 32EX400. Go to a market where they sell Sony LCD's imported directly from Thailand/Malaysia.;) Cost will be less than 30K. PM adder for details. You will not get any warranty, but go through recent threads..... you will learn that the Sony India Warranty is a joke. If TV gets spoilt they will repair it but you will have to pay money, which might actually serve as an incentive to make them more responsive.

Last edited:
Personally I feel the difference in experience between a 32" and 26" is more than that between a LCD and an LED. If you ask me, I will advise to go for LCD in this case. I bought 32" full hd Samsung series 5, last year for a bargain price and I am very happy with it. I bought a 32" sammy series 4 hd ready for my sister last week at just Rs. 27000 exchg price. You can slightly increase your budget and go for full hd. The experience is totally different when you play blu ray movies, if not today, may be tomorrow. Don't settle with HD. Also note that your laptop should be capable of 1080p with HDMI output, otherwise you cannot enjoy full HD (assuming you will play 1080p movies from your laptop).

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back