32 inch LCD with divx playback

SunLikeStar

Hi guys,
I am looking for a 32 inch LCD which can play divx from USB drive and good for general gaming. My budget is 45K max, although I would love to settle it below 40K.

Just got back from a store nearby, and saw a 32 inch samsung series 5. I took with me a pen drive with sample movies and it was able to play all of them (some DVD rips and a file from my camcorder). The display looks crisp and it costs Rs.39K, so its seems perfect. I am just concerned how this will perform with games like GTA.

hi,
I picked up a 32" lcd after a lot of homwork, just yesterday.
From your posts, i fathom your requirements are as follows:
You need divx playback directly from your tv.
you will use it for gaming.

for your first requirement: Playing divx alone may not be enough in the current scenario. High def content is available as .mkv and divx hd files. so far, to play theses files, one had to by a seperate device (media streamaer, costing Rs 8***).The lg i purchased recently plays these files too along with regular divx files, and even mp4 files. That is a wide variety of content.

Gaming requires a min of 100 hz scan and full HD for all the detail.

I request you take a look at the LG 32 LD460. Just released a few days back. What's more, it has optical out and i picked it up for a special price of 33500 from audio gallery, coimbatore. It actually retails for about 35000.

After all the homework i did regarding lcds over the past month. i've concluded that this is a fantastic model. Give it a lookup before you finalise.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply bro. I was waiting for someone to reply for so long..
Yes i want to play divx files directly from the tv. I have already ordered TataSky HD, also i would like to play some ps3 games on weekends.

Last edited:
wow.. i just checked a LG showroom near by. the sales guy said its for 39000 but he can arrange a discount of 1500 :)
Will visit dass electronics tomorow morning.
But will its 50Hz refresh rate be a problem for gaming.

Samsung C530/550/650 can play HD movies via USB (avi, mp4 and mkv)..
32 incher should be available for 35K to 40K depending on location and bargaining..

I have seen C530 but its again a 50Hz display. The question remains, how will the ps3 games perform on 50Hz? I would again like to point out that i am not a serous gamer but still i like to play GTA some times.. I checked vijay sales but was not able to spot a C650, which i think is 100 Hz. Also i have read a few guys on the forum talking about samsungs breaking down and poor after sales service. any ways how much the c650 cost. i really want to close thin under 40K.
if only someone with a 50Hz display and a ps3 can give me a go ahead :)

I have seen C530 but its again a 50Hz display. The question remains, how will the ps3 games perform on 50Hz? I would again like to point out that i am not a serous gamer but still i like to play GTA some times.. I checked vijay sales but was not able to spot a C650, which i think is 100 Hz. Also i have read a few guys on the forum talking about samsungs breaking down and poor after sales service. any ways how much the c650 cost. i really want to close thin under 40K.

Well in game mode the 100hz is switched OFF in lcds.
No problems in playing in a 60hz lcd most lcd monitors are 60hz,remember the 100hz isn't the refresh rate like in CRTs.
C650 costs above your budget.The said samsung C530 is a good choice,i would rate it above the lg ones.

Look in to the c630 model also I got a quote at 40k as final price it is also 100hz model.I could not find exact difference between 650 and 630 but the price difference of mrp is Rs.7000.While referring spec in samsung website(LA32C630K1R ) I could find only few difference between 650 and 630 like 650 model has Internet@TV (I don't know that is that) and Wireless Remote Control.I could not understand one thing every tv should have wireless remote control it is basic feature but c630 as well as c530 models spec shows there is nowireless remote option LA32C530F1R and also they have mentioned Dynamic contrast ratio and power soncumption as TBD what is this?.

:sad:

Hello SunLikeStar,

did you buy the C530, how is the feeling. any issues? . I am planning to buy the same TV.

check whether c630 has matte screen? c650 has glossy screen..

wireless remote control has to be there :D its website mistake.. website was corrected for a plasma model recently..
internet@tv in c650 is not worth extra money..moreover matte screens is better.. very little reflections.. glossy screen looks good when TV is switched off :) IMO..

40K for 32c630 looks like a good deal.. can be bargained further.. I am not very sure about latest C series prices.. c530 is as good as c630.. only few connectivity options are extra..also 6 series has crystal stand that looks better..

check whether c630 has matte screen? c650 has glossy screen..

wireless remote control has to be there :D its website mistake.. website was corrected for a plasma model recently..
internet@tv in c650 is not worth extra money..moreover matte screens is better.. very little reflections.. glossy screen looks good when TV is switched off :) IMO..

40K for 32c630 looks like a good deal.. can be bargained further.. I am not very sure about latest C series prices.. c530 is as good as c630.. only few connectivity options are extra..also 6 series has crystal stand that looks better..

Thank you for your reply the price difference between c530 and c630 is around Rs.6000.Few of the extras in 630 as far as I know 1extra usb,hdmi port,SRS TheaterSound,WiFi Adaptor Support,100hz is these fetures worth for the price difference.I more thing what is TBD (It is in dynamic contrast and power consumption values).What is the static contrast and response time and power consumption for this Tv.

Thank you for your reply the price difference between c530 and c630 is around Rs.6000.Few of the extras in 630 as far as I know 1extra usb,hdmi port,SRS TheaterSound,WiFi Adaptor Support,100hz is these fetures worth for the price difference.I more thing what is TBD (It is in dynamic contrast and power consumption values).What is the static contrast and response time and power consumption for this Tv.

Hey.. extra USB/HDMI/SRS/wifi/100hz matters from usability point of view.. If you require extra USB/HDMI go for it.. if you like SRS sound go for it.. if you watch lots of sports and fast moving action scenes you need 100hz (rest of the time you have to keep it OFF).. Not sure what use wifi can provide because specs says c630 doesn't support internet@tv.. :)

all in all these feature are worth 6K.. if you have any use of these extra features then only spend.. I don't think there will be much difference in static contrast between 5 series and 6 series.. 6 series may have slightly better contrast..

IMO.. the best feature in c630's is its matte screen (please confirm about matte screen with your dealer)..

Thanks for the inputs guys..I will have to wait a couple more days before i can get the TV. So i've got a little more time to make a decision. I think i should check the cost of c630 before i take the plunge. Still i am more inclined in getting C530 for the VFM it offers.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back