32" LCD/LED tv with good audio quality?

koushikp

Hi guys,

buying a new 32" LCD/LED tv for my bedroom, and have no intention of having extra speakers or soundbars, as I have a fully decked up living room with mordaunt-short system..so this tv will mainly be for watching downloaded tv shows and sports, not music or movies.

But I do hate the tinny sound of my old samsung LCD that i currently have in my bedroom, and I do want a TV with relatively good sound quality so that I can hear the dialogues clearly.

I remember the LG Jazz range, when they came out in 2009 received a lot of good reviews, but I don't know how the current models are..so would be great to have forum members' inputs on this...

My budget and brand preference both are open..

none of the slim line led lcd tvs will have good speakers, specially sony and samsung, LG maybe lill bit

just to clarify, when I say good audio quality it is on a relative basis compared to most TVs, and not an absolute level of audio quality

Let it 32" or 42" most of the LCD tvs have poor sound quality. There is no point of comparing them to realize that you wasted time on this comparison.

To get good sound you may need to buy a sound bar or cheap alternate like computer speakers with powered woofer.

True, Audio Quality in LED/LCD TVs are pathetic! I realized it the hard way. Speakers in CRT TVs were much better, probably because of the boxy design of CRTs which could accomodate bigger speakers easily.
For me, the only way to work around this issue is to have external powered speakers or having the Audio signal fed to an amplifier which drive the external speakers.

Dear Friend,

I dont know about your model you already have I will suggest 2 lcd models from same sammy 32D481Hd Ready even playing some Full hd not tried more and 32D580 both are damn good i could say. Having the best in surround sound with 40 watts woofer and tweeter. As you told your going to watch only downloaded tv programs and other stuffs I will prefer you 32D481. :cool:

Hi guys,

buying a new 32" LCD/LED tv for my bedroom...... with relatively good sound quality so that I can hear the dialogues clearly........

My budget and brand preference both are open..

I would suggest Toshiba range of LED, which has a very decent audio since the speakers are front facing and relatively cost effective. This I am suggesting from my recent acquisition of a 40" Regza PS 10ZE.

while I would agree that most TVs have generally poor sound quality nowadays, there are exceptions. The Philips PFL7403 that I bought in 2010 has pretty good audio quality for a TV. Granted its not meant for listening to music or movies, but while watching TV shows I find it more than adequate, with dialogues absolutely clear. Unfortunately the 7000 series of Philips is not available anymore, and thus I have to look elsewhere for an alternative..

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back