32" LCD LG Jazz or Sony or Panasonic

kampani

Hi

I am looking at buying a 32" LCD and would like your advice on which is the best one to buy. i have visited the dealers and compared the various features and have found LG Jazz best amont all. Any suggestions?

Hi

I am looking at buying a 32" LCD and would like your advice on which is the best one to buy. i have visited the dealers and compared the various features and have found LG Jazz best amont all. Any suggestions?

I don't about Panasonic LCDs, but their Plasmas are great.
IMO, Sony is pricey for the same feature set.
If you like LG Jazz, then go for it - it is a good product.
If you want more options, have a look at models from Samsung, Philipps, Hitachi etc.

Thanks for your reponse. actually it is to confusing to decide. hence this post. Which would be the best LCD 32" to buy with the best features. price not a constraint.

Thanks for your reponse. actually it is to confusing to decide. hence this post. Which would be the best LCD 32" to buy with the best features. price not a constraint.

There is usually no answer to these "Which is the best... " questions. It depends on your needs and preferences.

- What will you be doing with the LCD?... Watch Movies? DishTV? Play VideoGames? Use as computer monitor? etc.

- For 32" LCD, you do not need FullHD (unless you want to use it as a computer monitor) as you cannot see the difference between HD (720p) & FHD (1080p) at normal viewing distances.

- A 720p TV does a better job of displaying regular TV (TataSky, DishTV etc) than a 1080p TV as the amount of upscaling needed is smaller.

- Plasmas are usually better of watching movies due to better black levels.

As you see, there are many factors. So, decide on a budget (say 50K) and state how it will the TV used (for example - 40% TataSky, 30% DVDs, 20% games) and then the people on this forum can guide you on which TV model might be a good match for YOUR needs in YOUR budget.

Also, if money is not a constraint, I would suggest you get the biggest screen size you can afford.

Cheers

Hi

Hi:

First, LG Jazz is really worth it in that brand's latest offing. SD and DVD pictures were very good, very colorful and involving. But, the highlight was the sound from Jazz, just stunning, got a built-in subwoofer too. Cons? - I didn't like that red speakers protruding out, but that's me. Overall, LG 32" Jazz is an excellent buy.

Next, Sony, am not a great fan of this brand's SD quality that's offered in their 32 inchers. Both V and W series 32 inchers offer average SD PQ, but stunning for DVD and gaming.

Last but not the least, the latest 32" LX800 (my favorite is still LX700) from panny offers stunning pictures for both SD and DVD, far more superior than LG. Colors are very rich and 3-dimensional and excellent edge definition. Cons? - Sound is very average, LG jazz beats hands down in sound.

Finally, out of the three, my favorite is Panasonic 32 incher offering outstanding SD and DVD pictures, and if you have a HT setup planned down the line, I really would not bother the sound from pana lx800.:)

My opinion: Sony Bravia
1. KLV-32V400A/B - Best in entry level.
2. KLV-32W400A - Best in 32"

Hi

kampani - Any updates? Have you purchased the LG Jazz and if so how is it?

spirovious - Did you check LG Jazz and if so what's your take on it?

The plan is to purchase an LCD TV and a HT system for my MIL, but my line of thinking is that the LG Jazz will be a better option and even an entry level HT will not be required if the LG Jazz SQ/output is good. Also, it will mean one less remote/equipment to handle and also most viewing will be Tata Sky plus the odd DVD. Hence, I am checking out how good the LG Jazz is in terms of PQ and SQ. I will be going this weekend to audition it myself, but if anyone can provide any inputs specific to this model, it would be much appreciated.

Also your thoughts on going with LG Jazz instead of same/another LCD/Plasma and a HT system combo. I feel this is a better route for the technologically challenged and also for someone not with the same enthusiasm for SQ or a HT system like us aficionados. With the LG Jazz the combo of an LCD/Plasma plus a HT system would be reached in a single solution. Open to correction/suggestions...

hi:

i have not yet bought it for 2 reasons:

A dealer has told me hat new models are going to be released during christmas time and there rare going to be price custs bcoz of 2 reasons. 1. excise duty cut and 2. phase out of older versions.

still LG Jazz is my best bet. lets c wat comes in christmas

yup i am also waiting to buy LG jazz man what is the min price you have been offered , i enquired in bangalore the minimum is 41250 and maxaround 43k . my point is will the price go even futher down in this month ?

one more thing i noticed is that on the tata sky the LG jazz was better than Samsung a550 , but on the HD movies these people play at the shops samsung took my breath away compared to LG jazz

thanks man , but should i go for the UR or FR becuase for UR the least i was offerd is 40k and for FR it is 44k in reliance digital cunnigham road blore.If i get the FR for around 41 k then no probs i will buy it .but is there a real diffrence that you could notice between the two

Hi Manu,

I had been to Ezone(J'nagar) this saturday and they have discounts on LCds (didnt check for Jazz) u can have a check as there will be good discounts and surprise gifts as we are in festive season.

Coming back to the FR.UR series, UR is a HD ready where as FR series a full HD with 50000:1 contrast ratio and 4 MS response time, with better pixel mappings ( though few say its hard to make out these difference in a 32") but i suggest you to go for FR series.

Hi. I bought 32LG80UR (jazz) during last Diwali. Price was 40K. After 2mnths of usage i really feel it's worth it!. I watched my friend's Sony, and on comparizon i never felt the quality difference b/n LG and Sony. In addition this has 500W PMPO(50W sound) sound and really amazing. Also the USB is a plus, i dont need to put the disk to DVD player & operate it everytime when i need to see some photos or small video clips. In summary, a good - value for money product. I recommend this for any (entry level) buyers with 4-5 years usage perspective.

Hi Techgadgets, I have many times realized that eZone is bit costrly than other showrooms like Pai, Girias, Adhishwar etc. though i agree that they have professional setup and many options to chose from. However the price matters at the end of the day , for customers. so, pls compare prices in the other shops before doing the transaction.

hi tech gadgets
i called devi jaynagar for FR , they said the price is 45k they asked me to come down and said they will give discount
.Man i have concerns because jaynagar is a liitle far for me bcoz i am in mathikere .
were they prompt in delivery and other installation stuff ? did they charge extra for delivery? How much can i bargain for ?

I checked ezone the last price for FR is 42700

Usually they will deliver promptly and safely bcoz huge money is involved. But if u have 4 wheeler, you can go & pick up the package (I did that). for fixing/wallmounting LG guy will turn up in 2 days. (i didnt need him coz i decided not to wall mount and fixed it on a tv stand myself). so, u can take demo, get ur initial setting/ connections done by LG engr. you may tip him with 100 bucks or so. Delivery is absolutely free all around.

kampani - Any updates? Have you purchased the LG Jazz and if so how is it?

spirovious - Did you check LG Jazz and if so what's your take on it?

The plan is to purchase an LCD TV and a HT system for my MIL, but my line of thinking is that the LG Jazz will be a better option and even an entry level HT will not be required if the LG Jazz SQ/output is good. Also, it will mean one less remote/equipment to handle and also most viewing will be Tata Sky plus the odd DVD. Hence, I am checking out how good the LG Jazz is in terms of PQ and SQ. I will be going this weekend to audition it myself, but if anyone can provide any inputs specific to this model, it would be much appreciated.

Also your thoughts on going with LG Jazz instead of same/another LCD/Plasma and a HT system combo. I feel this is a better route for the technologically challenged and also for someone not with the same enthusiasm for SQ or a HT system like us aficionados. With the LG Jazz the combo of an LCD/Plasma plus a HT system would be reached in a single solution. Open to correction/suggestions...

Update - Went on the rounds especially to check audio output of the LG Jazz. Not at all impressive would be my take. I was not looking for a HT sound, but my old Akai with a detachable subwoofer on top gave much better output. Seeing the reviews claimed the Jazz to be a 3.1 system with 500 watts output I had high expectations, but in all the 4 places or so I auditioned it I found the sound to be flat, and no bass whatsoever. Since the Jazz supports USB 2.0 I carried mp3s ripped at 128 kbps and a couple of Divx movies. It played the mp3s fine, but a lot of lag with the Divx files.

Back