32" LCD - Sony V550 or S550

anandbj76

Any thoughts on whether I should choose Sony 32S550 or 32V550? S series is HD Ready and V series is full HD.
Whatever I have read so far tells me that at 32" Full HD and HD Ready difference is not much noticeable also ....

As of now, there is no HD content available on Tata sky. Even if it gets available say after 2 - 3 years, would a 32" HD ready TV show poorer images as compared to 32" Full HD? I saw the Demo of HD content in a Sony showroom and the difference was not much ....

Any thoughts for gaming? Say if I buy a Sony PS2, would Full HD add more fun? Or would HD Ready and Full HD score near about the same there also?

S series is costing approx 37k and V series is about 43k. I was wondering that I can use that 6k to actually buy a PS :)

What about the Sony T series KLV32T550 it has almost the same features of KLV32S550 except for the headphone socket available in S series but the price difference is around 4K. Has anybody used the T series?

V series can handle motion better tha S & full HD is advantage,even HDMI cotrol is possible with V series.

Any thoughts on whether I should choose Sony 32S550 or 32V550? S series is HD Ready and V series is full HD.
Whatever I have read so far tells me that at 32" Full HD and HD Ready difference is not much noticeable also ....

As of now, there is no HD content available on Tata sky. Even if it gets available say after 2 - 3 years, would a 32" HD ready TV show poorer images as compared to 32" Full HD? I saw the Demo of HD content in a Sony showroom and the difference was not much ....

Any thoughts for gaming? Say if I buy a Sony PS2, would Full HD add more fun? Or would HD Ready and Full HD score near about the same there also?

S series is costing approx 37k and V series is about 43k. I was wondering that I can use that 6k to actually buy a PS :)

even I was confused between these 2 models.. so what did you decide and why.

I have shortlisted on following 3 now (finally .... :) )-
1. Panny X10: price 30k - colors as good as sony.
2. Panny X15: 100Hz. Price: about 40k
3. Sony V550: Brand name.

I will make final decision tomorrow and get one one these home :D

well i am not sure why u would buy a tv on a brand name alone.but that aside the sony V series does have the edge in the way SD content is shown ,it also has a comfortable edge in contrast ratio.
also looking at a tv and judging it by colors is entirely subjective,since u don't know which is more real/natural.

do let ,me know which one did you buy and why...
why are you considering pa instead of sony...just need your suggestion

do let ,me know which one did you buy and why...
why are you considering pa instead of sony...just need your suggestion

Check @ Chroma or Vijay sales where you can do a side by side comparison.
Somehow I find Panny at par with Sony for color. LG, samsung etc don't come that close.
The new scrollbar is also good in X10 model (which is 50Hz) and is as good as sony V550's one.

Lastly X15 has 100Hz. Watching cricket matches, games etc would be more fun on it anytime.
Finally - as said in many forums (and based on my experience) - Full HD or Not - does not really matter for a 32".

The reason why I turned to sony was for confirming the post-warranty-service.

I am going to showrooms tomorrow. Will let u know what I buy.

Check @ Chroma or Vijay sales where you can do a side by side comparison.
Somehow I find Panny at par with Sony for color. LG, samsung etc don't come that close.
The new scrollbar is also good in X10 model (which is 50Hz) and is as good as sony V550's one.

Lastly X15 has 100Hz. Watching cricket matches, games etc would be more fun on it anytime.
Finally - as said in many forums (and based on my experience) - Full HD or Not - does not really matter for a 32".

The reason why I turned to sony was for confirming the post-warranty-service.

I am going to showrooms tomorrow. Will let u know what I buy.

Hey Anand, one question. Does the x10 have a dull matte bezel like the LE8 or is it a glossy bezel like most of the other brands?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back