32LG80FR(jazz series) hdmi audio issue

deeeprider

Hi guys,

I have the 32LG80FR full hd lcd from LG. I recently purchased the airtel hd stb hoping to catch the fifa world cup in hd. Unfortunately when I connect my stb to the tv thru hdmi i get awesome picture quality in the hd channel but zero audio!!!
I initially felt it was a stb problem but airtel guys came with 2 more stbs and checked and the issue persisted. I know my tvs hdmi ports are not at fault as i have my iomega mediaplayer connected thru hdmi and the audio works.

I dont have a HT and hence dont have the option of taking the coaxial output from the stb.

I was wondering if anyone here has come across this situation and managed to resolve it.

PS: I dont have any special hdmi audio setting options in the tv and am using a high quality hdmi cable.

Cheers

do u have audio settings option in the stb?? normally the HDMI will carry AV both signals but this can be configures too. Also did u try a different cable? Also what did the airtel guys said? does their stb support audio through HDMI? these small but basic question sometimes helps.

No in the airtel stb theres only the picture setting option 720,1080i but no audio options. The stb definitely supports audio through hdmi as I have checked with other folks using airtels hd stb.
I have a sony gold plated hdmi cable and couple of other cheaper cables..tried all of them.

Are you missing audio in only one specific channel ? which one is it ? I am using same AIRTEL HD box.... have no problem with audio in any channels and using the same crappy cable given by AIRTEL folks.

No in the airtel stb theres only the picture setting option 720,1080i but no audio options. The stb definitely supports audio through hdmi as I have checked with other folks using airtels hd stb.
I have a sony gold plated hdmi cable and couple of other cheaper cables..tried all of them.

may be can you send the screen shot of the stb software page. Also I need the airtel stb model info and if you have a link to their online user manual for stb.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back