3D with present LCD and LED LCD

gopscreative

Hi all,
i downloaded 3d version print of Final Destination.I have a LG LH90 LED LCD.Can i watch dis 3D print using 3D glasses.Will it Really display 3D images?

Hi all,
i downloaded 3d version print of Final Destination.I have a LG LH90 LED LCD.Can i watch dis 3D print using 3D glasses.Will it Really display 3D images?

The requirement for 3D is minimum 100Hz processing. (ie 50 Hz for each eye)

But not all TVs are 3D ready. The 3D ready TV sets will be capable of converting normal DVDs to 3D format by applying algorithms and adding depth between the 50Hz frames from the DVD for perceived 3D. It also lets out polarised light different for each 50 Hz.

Now, Iam not aware of what the '3D version print' of final destination. If it has the recordings with phase difference between alternating frames, I think it should be able to view them fairly fine if the TV is 100 Hz. (But here too Iam not sure of the polarised output)

LH90 is 200 Hz, Is there an option to run it in 100 Hz?

The requirement for 3D is minimum 100Hz processing. (ie 50 Hz for each eye)

But not all TVs are 3D ready. The 3D ready TV sets will be capable of converting normal DVDs to 3D format by applying algorithms and adding depth between the 50Hz frames from the DVD for perceived 3D. It also lets out polarised light different for each 50 Hz.

Now, Iam not aware of what the '3D version print' of final destination. If it has the recordings with phase difference between alternating frames, I think it should be able to view them fairly fine if the TV is 100 Hz. (But here too Iam not sure of the polarised output)

LH90 is 200 Hz, Is there an option to run it in 100 Hz?

Well Final destination 4 was released in both 2D and 3D.Recently i downloaded 3D print of it. And LH90 doesnt have exactly lik 100 hz being displayed in Tru motion menu.It has the option to set Tru motion to Low or high.

The 3D movies/DVDs designed for blue & red glasses work on the existing LCD screens, but not the ones that need active shutter lenses.

Thanks,
Sharad

The 3D movies/DVDs designed for blue & red glasses work on the existing LCD screens, but not the ones that need active shutter lenses.

Thanks,
Sharad

Hi,

+1 to above post. Yesterday I watched Final Destination 3D rip on my pana 32 LCD, it looked good, but the 3d experience is awesome in projectors!

Playing with settings on my TV.

Found out that TVs have a port for 3D sync. An IT emitter connects to this port. It send signals to LCD shutter 3D glasses.

So, you can play games in 3D. Cost is USD 200.

3D Vision Kit

First let me clear confusion about 3D vision. I am using 3D since last 8 years. 3D games, movies, images etc.

I will explain in short.

How we see 3D:----
our each eye see the object from a slightly diffrent angle. and when both eye image combine in mind they gives us feeling of depth.

So to view any image in 3D we need to view the image ment for left eye to left and image ment for right eye to right eye.

There are many different techniques to achieve this..

In cinema a projector projects two images with diffrent polarity of lights on the screen. and person wearing the polaroid glasses see the 3D because horizotal polarised glass blocks the vertical polarised light and vise-versa.

For home view we have..

1. anaglyph (red/green, red/cyan, red/megenta glasses)
this method is based on color filtering and cant produce real color.

2. interlaced
alternate scan line has information of left/right image

3. pageflip
full left/right image frame is displayed alternatively this requires at least 100Hz (50Hz for each eye and can be viewed only with active shutter glasses)

4. other methods are above/below and left/right

So when we talk about present scenerio NO CONSUMER LCD/PLASMA SELLING IN MARKET CANT ACCEPT 100Hz signal.

the TV's talked about 100Hz,120Hz,240Hz are just internal processing of image none of them can accept more than 60Hz signal.....
And plasma's which talk about 600Hz sub field drive is also a internal prossesing.... (You can check each TV's manual)

So how to check that this TV has 100Hz or not?
check VGA/PC input capabilities this will tell you how much Hz this TV can handle.

So in short no technology which involves 100Hz cant be viewed on present TV's. Not even one person who talked about NVIDIA 3D Vision Kit. That is also meant for 100Hz capable display.

So the question is how we can view all these format on present TV's?
Ans is... Yes we can view.. but how?

1. If you have ANAGLYPH 3D image..... Then you can simply view by wearing anaglyph glasses. (red/cyan, red/green etc.. in which anaglyph format that film is recorded..

2. For viewing PageFlipped/interlaced 3D images.
You will need a software called STEREOSCOPIC PLAYER (its a freeware) that will convert anytype of 3D image to desired anaglyph format in runtime. So you can view that also with red/cyan glasses.

If you want to convert 2D film to 3D one then there is also a software called 3Dcombine.. but this cant convert as good as real 3D..

If there are any other queries.. I will happily reply.

hey! , well i just bought a led TV samsung series 5 ,42" and 120 mhz , and a 3d blue ray, i am not sure if i can watch 3d movies with this tv , and if i can what would be the steps i have to do to actually seen 3d , can anyone help me plz ? thanks in advance.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back