3d60 albums available in India

santanusinha

Quoting 3D60??: three-dimensional sound production:
"3D60 is a new sound production process created specially to deliver an immersive, widescreen listening experience to headphones."

To get a better perspective on 3d60 technology and the kind of experience you can expect, listen to the demo (using headphones) at the aforementioned website.

Practically speaking, I just got introduced to 3d60, by a 3d60 version of the "Metallic Spheres" album by The Orb and David Gilmour that came as a bonus disc to the normal stereo version of the album. I hope I have not confused anyone, the 3d60 CD is also a "normal" CD per-se, the actual sound production for the 3d60 version of the album is different. Right now I'm listening to it on my Denon headphones and it sounds freakin' awesome. (The album itself is very good.. the music style is very suited to the 3d60 process). The sound design places you right inside the thick of things. The extended sound stage has been used quite effectively by the artists to create a truly immersive experience.

I recommend this album to everyone, specially people who like psychedelic music.

Please let me know if you actually find any other 3d60 content in India.
(For others that are interested, I got the CD from Starmark, South City, Kolkata).

- Santanu

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back