40/43 inch TV buying suggestions

gianani

Hi All, posting here after more than 2 years. Last time had skipped making a purchase :)

Need to buy a 40/43 inch TV. Have decided to go for a non-smart TV and pair it with a Chromecast.
Budget is under 37-38K

Have shortlisted a few models
1. Samsung 102 cm 40K5100 Full HD LED TV: Amazon.in: Electronics

2. Panasonic TH-43D350DX Full Hd Led tv: Amazon.in: Electronics

3. Panasonic TH-43D450D 108 cm Full HD LED IPS TV: Amazon.in: Electronics

The Samsung ones use a PVA panel and Panasonic ones use IPS. Could not see Samsung and Panasonic models side by side anywhere so have not judged Picture quality yet.

The Panasonic TH-43D450D seems to be the most feature packed but only 1 USB port concerns me. Will 1 port be enough???

Any help would be welcome. Also other model suggestions are also welcome

Consider Panasonic DS630D. This has hexachrome drive and the panel is bright. 3 HDMI (1 side) and 2 USB. Fits in your budget too & has built in wifi / somewhat a smart TV :D

https://www.flipkart.com/panasonic-...LSTTVSEG8GWGGTKPU6ESXBDFZ&qH=9a09dbf8a93e2091

First of all, thanks a ton for the reply :) :)
This one seems to go over 40k and I would be paying for smart TV features which are not that great(Tried the 2 Panasonic TVs at a showroom, the OS was too laggy and not very user friendly :sad: )

Also, one more thing. Was reading some reviews of Panasonic models online and people have mentioned about trouble in playing some mp4/mkv video formats. Is that true??

I saw it listed at 38K in flipkart - is it higher for your pincode?
Yes the smart features in this TV are not good. But I saw that this was the best brightness/contrast TV at this price point.
It plays H264 mkv files, but does not play hevc encoded files. Same for mp4.

First off all,a cast video from chrome cast will not even come close to the one generated from the screen of a smart TV,I have both chrome cast and a smart TV.
Second,in the days of 4k TV,buying a full HD is complete negligence,I have both and I don't even watch the full HD TV in the bedroom after experiencing the beauty of the pq of a 4k TV.
So,reconsider both your decisions,looks like both are wrong to me.

I saw it listed at 38K in flipkart - is it higher for your pincode?
Yes the smart features in this TV are not good. But I saw that this was the best brightness/contrast TV at this price point.
It plays H264 mkv files, but does not play hevc encoded files. Same for mp4.

Sorry..my bad. Was not logged in so it was showing for a different location. Though will mostly buy offline only so will have to check their prices.

So if you had to choose between the samsung one k5100 and panasonic 43ds630d you would go for the panasonic one???

Sorry..my bad. Was not logged in so it was showing for a different location. Though will mostly buy offline only so will have to check their prices.

So if you had to choose between the samsung one k5100 and panasonic 43ds630d you would go for the panasonic one???

I would go with the Panasonic, better vfm and great PQ. I saw it in flesh in Vijay sales... If it came with 3 yrs or more warranty would've gone fr the same 49" model instead of Philips 49 4k I bought.

For the price on Flipkart it makes it even more tempting, for that price forget getting it off-line. Smart or not this one has great PQ due to the hexa chroma drive engine. No idea abt the Samsung though, I never check Samsung or Sony due to their absurd pricing in India.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back