40" LED below 40K

Toshiba and Sharp make decent 39/40 inch TVs which are available below 40K. I think both these companies give 3 year warranty and good VFM. Dont expect top notch quality but for a normal user you will be satisfied. I own the Toshiba 39 inch model from 2014 which is all right. Got it for 38K.

Otherwise you will have to look at Philips, Onida, Videocon etc which I would not recommend.

Why not Philips! Just curious.

Well lets say it is just the perception of that brand more than any negative experience with their TV per se (other than the experience with their mediocre quality Iron box which broke on me 3 times in the first 3 months) They are seen as a general consumer electronic company making everything from CFLs to Iron boxes and TVs, but not really good at anything specific.

Toshiba, Sharp etc have lot of experience in video processing and hold many patents. Whether these matter much when you are buying a consumer grade TV from them is questionable though :). Although the products may be designed in Japan, manufacturing is outsourced to some unknown companies in India. Sometimes the same company may be used by Philips also.

Digital world is full of Philips' patent. Moreover do you like Marantz as a company?
My house is full of Philips products and some are serving for more than 2 decades now :)
TBH I have soft corner for this brand not blindly though.

Well lets say it is just the perception of that brand more than any negative experience with their TV per se (other than the experience with their mediocre quality Iron box which broke on me 3 times in the first 3 months) They are seen as a general consumer electronic company making everything from CFLs to Iron boxes and TVs, but not really good at anything specific.

Toshiba, Sharp etc have lot of experience in video processing and hold many patents. Whether these matter much when you are buying a consumer grade TV from them is questionable though :). Although the products may be designed in Japan, manufacturing is outsourced to some unknown companies in India. Sometimes the same company may be used by Philips also.

I agree on some parts, but Philips has great exepreince in video processing...there match line CRT TVs and pixel plus processing engines have won many hearts and awards n hold patents.
Th best part about Philips is, they produce a very natural looking picture.
I a have again bought a Philips TV after owning 3 previously due to their awesome processing engines.
But yes, apart from Philips I would also recommend Toshiba and sharp. Though sharp is mainly good in much bigger 50",60"+ sizes.
You may even get Panasonic 40" in your budget...a lower end one. So u have plenty options.

I am considering Philips 40PFL4958 and Videocon VKC40FH
Inclined towards phillips due to brand name, both have 3yr.
If Micromax had 3yr, I'd consider it too.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back