40 OR 50 Inch LED from indian brand or grey market

amit254

Dear Friends,

Would request your help in finalizing my decision on buying a LED TV 40 or 50 inches.

I am quite confused after checking the big brands, grey market & Indian brands tv prices.

My interest is in buying a 50 inch LED around 35-40k either of brands like Infocus or Samsung / Sony from grey market at around 36k to 42k. From the grey market would prefer to buy Sony (Malaysia) make.

As I live in Delhi gaffar market & lajpat rai market is full of cheap imported branded led tvs and now also with Indian brands like Oscar, bpl, Weston which are quite cheap 50 inch is within 32-40k.

A known friend having shop in lajpat rai market also advised to buy anything above 40 inch with warranty as normally no issues come in 40 or less inch televisions as per his experience.

Looking at finalizing on either buying 40 or 50 inch television from infocus or Sony (from grey market).

Can anyone share their experience on infocus 40/60 inch and Sony 40/50 inch from grey market?

Thanks
Amit

Vu and Infocus are good TV and in your budget.

regarding Grey market, some dealer's gives dealers warranty. If you are getting that then its ok to go for the same.

Hi,

The decision lies with you as you are the ultimate user. There are FMs who have either enjoyed the experience of buying from the grey market and some who have faced losses and ill feelings.

Honestly the built quality for all brands is not that great as the shelf life of LED TVs is between 3-5 years...it will not last +12 years like the good old CRT Tvs

My advice is to go for something within budget and good after sales service and availability of parts for repairs.

Dear Ajay_k73 & efernand1,

thanks for your valuable response.

i agree the LED TV's life is about 5 years.

got a reference in gaffar where they are offering warranty on sony & samsung models, if getting the same then would buy a 50 inch between 36-41k.

or would finalise Infocus 50 inch for 35k and check if additional 2 yrs warrantty is possibile.

thanks

amit

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back