42 Inch LED TV - Go with popular models or non-popular ones?

Natholimean

Need to buy a 39-42 inch TV. Full HD (No 3D, No Smart) Have almost shortlisted LG 42 inch LB5610, which costs around 53-56K in Bangalore.

However when I visited a few shops in Bangalore, saw Sharp 39LE355 for 29-33K. I could not find any difference in the picture quality. Brands like Ondia and Philips are also cheaper, but may not be as good as Sharp.

As per the salesman, "Only SONY/SAMSUNG/LG are the moving models. Sharp is good quality, but service will be a problem. Onida /Philips etc are not good in quality." As per Croma salesman, if not going with Sony/lg/samsung, its better to go with Croma TVs, which have a better support and 50inch TV is available within 50K.

I am confused, Whether to go with LG/SONY/Samsung - Is it worth spending 20-25K just for the brand or go with Sharp so that I can spend the extra 20K for a entry level , but good home theatre system?

Any thoughts?

------
I am confused, Whether to go with LG/SONY/Samsung - Is it worth spending 20-25K just for the brand or go with Sharp so that I can spend the extra 20K for a entry level , but good home theatre system?

Any thoughts?

I am not a television expert but Sharp is a very good brand, esp when it comes to displays. Personally, I would not hesitate to go for Sharp, until someone more knowledgeable comes and corrects me. In fact, I would prefer Sharp over LG & Samsung. If there is a service center for Sharp in your city, you may go for it.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back