4k + HDR + 55": 50-80k Dilemma!

I was looking for a cheap 65” or a very good 55” tv. I saw the vu 65. Roughly around 80-90k.

Then I saw the starting range of Samsung lg Sony 55 inches. Roughly around 80-90k.

Then I saw an lg OLED 55 inch. Cost 1.7 lacs. Bought it. No comparison to anything in that budget. Just sharing my experience.

The vu 55 is a really good tv. Read on the forum here. Some good reviews it’s got. If u like it just buy it. Same goes for the tcl. They are very good tvs in that price. Good luck.

I summarized because i have the VU 50 inches at my home and i watch movies in it. i seriously didn't find any much difference unless u go and sit very close to the TV to find faults. Its awesome for the 38k i paid. My hunt for 4k TV's been going for like 6 months and I have checked out all the 4K TV's by Sony, Samsung and LG. So out of the experience and his requirements, i will still VU is a good buy.
Ha ha... cmon now... 6 months and all the TVs by Sony, Samsung, and LG (including the OLED range) look the same as a 38K Vu?

Seriously folks will think you are a Vu employee and I don't mean to offend you.

But seriously?

At any distance, I can see the difference between my Sony OLED and my Mi TV... clear as night and day.

Ha ha... cmon now... 6 months and all the TVs by Sony, Samsung, and LG (including the OLED range) look the same as a 38K Vu?

Seriously folks will think you are a Vu employee and I don't mean to offend you.

But seriously?

At any distance, I can see the difference between my Sony OLED and my Mi TV... clear as night and day.

I am not comparing OLED's here dude. We are talking about 4k LED TV's. So lets leave the OLED and MI TV.

What I meant is 38k VU with Direct LED and 70-80k Sony and LG with Edge Lit looks almost similar unless you go and stand very close to pickup the faults.

OLED's and Sony 9000E and above are another league all together and let's not talk about it when we are talking within a budget.

I have recently purchased Iffalcon K2A and I am hapoy with it till now. Haven't watched a lot of content, but it did a good job with whatever I have tried till now. HD cricket match, 4k videos on inbuilt YouTube app and Planet Earth II using a hard disk.

Before this, I used to watch Panasonic Full HD 42 inches TV. SD channels are definitely better on it compared to Iffalcon. However, I don't think there is any noticeable difference in terms of quality of HD content.

I would definitely recommend Iffalcon K2A. Will let you know if I face any issues which change my mind.

Fair enough. Hope I don't need to find out how it is. Got extended warranty from Flipkart, so will have Jeeves folks dealing with issues post the original warranty period.

Now days manufacturers caters the needs of every individual and products are placed in the market accordingly. The low cost TV may not be as good as their counterparts expensive brands but they just feed the need of big screen with big VFM tag. Such TV have a limited shelf life but people think both ways, instead of buying 100K TV for long life with great picture quality, I will buy three low cost TV in the intervals of three years with updated features and average picture quality. Personally, unless until you have not came across and compare two units parallely, it's is difficult to say which is more VFM product but there is one pharase in Hindi " Mahanga pachataye eka bar and sasta pachataye bar bar "..

I am not comparing OLED's here dude.
Don't need to "dude" me.

You are the one coming on an AV forum (where folks buy and use equipment in lacs) and claiming hey my JBL Flip worth Rs. 1200 sounds every bit as good.

Silly right dude?

let's not talk about it when we are talking within a budget.

My point all along... simply state it's the best you can afford and you are happy with it.

We can leave it at that.

However, if you start blowing smoke and claiming it's as good as the premium brands I'll call you a liar and ask you to provide proof with actual data.

Don't need to "dude" me.

You are the one coming on an AV forum (where folks buy and use equipment in lacs) and claiming hey my JBL Flip worth Rs. 1200 sounds every bit as good.

Silly right dude?

My point all along... simply state it's the best you can afford and you are happy with it.

We can leave it at that.

However, if you start blowing smoke and claiming it's as good as the premium brands I'll call you a liar and ask you to provide proof with actual data.

First of all, please check the first post in the thread. Its about helping a guy who is in a dilemma of getting a VU or other cheap brands 4k TV for 50k or to invest more and get a 4k TV from LG or Samsung for around 80k and i gave a suggestion based on my experience that a 4K TV from VU will be same as 80K. Thats all, end of the story.

But you dragging my affordability to buy something and all man, seriously?? you really need to grow up. If you are filthy rich and you just want to show-off, i dont think this is the right place man. We here at hifivision forum discuss about VFM- Value for money, not Throw off money

End of replies to Mr. avgeek. Peace out

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back