4k TV recommendations for ps5

Hi,

Looking for 2-3 tv options which will fully utilise whatever the ps5 has to offer (hdmi 2.1, 120hz, over, etc). Considering a 55 inch and above size, preferably between 60-80k. Not looking at the chinese players as I have a xiaomi and not happy with it.

Also, keen to hear thoughts on OLEDs for ps5.
Thanks so much.

Even I was on the same boat, following are some of the options I considered in the order specified.
  1. LG CX
  2. TCL 728
  3. TCL 825
There are no TV's currently which support 120hz in the price bracket you specified. Most cost above 1 lakh. Only TCL has come up with some affordable ones, expecting other OEMs to jump on board. I totally dropped the idea after looking at the prices and decided to wait.

To be frank, how often you will game on 120fps mode? is it a deal breaker? would suggest get a monitor with high refresh rate or wait, as PS5 only supports 120hz, no vrr or so. Would wait for some updates than paying 60-80k or more just for 120hz.
On a side note very few games on PS support 120hz right now. I wouldn't buy a TV with 120hz for it, hope this changes in future.

I am planning to sell my Samsung Q80T at Rs 1 Lakh as I am moving from 65 inches to 75 Inches. if interested then let me know. Q80T support refresh rate 120 HZ.

Anyone who’s got the TCL 825 model and can share their thoughts? Had considered this as well but very paranoid after my mistake with my current xiaomi LED.

Anyone who’s got the TCL 825 model and can share their thoughts? Had considered this as well but very paranoid after my mistake with my current xiaomi LED.

What mistake?
I am still using the first gen Mi TV 4 55" from 2018 and it is not giving up. No issues at all.

What mistake?
I am still using the first gen Mi TV 4 55" from 2018 and it is not giving up. No issues at all.
Can’t say much about your experience.
For me, it’s extremely low on brightness and has poor colour reproduction. Obviously, given the price can’t complain but unfortunately it’s already become redundant for me within 1.5 years. So now considering spending more for a more longer term, established brand.

I don't want to step on your toes, but you have to stretch your budget by double for a decent OLED (like LG C1) TV for your PS5. C1 has already made a great reputation within the gaming fraternity. I am expecting during Diwali; a 55" C1 should be available within 130K INR.

Hi,

Looking for 2-3 tv options which will fully utilise whatever the ps5 has to offer (hdmi 2.1, 120hz, over, etc). Considering a 55 inch and above size, preferably between 60-80k. Not looking at the chinese players as I have a xiaomi and not happy with it.

Thanks so much.
The only TV that fits the bill is Samsung frame.
Supports 120hz at 4k , fairly good PQ overall and great VFM - the India pricing is significantly lower than the US (which is always the other round for any other TV from the big 3)

The only TV that fits the bill is Samsung frame.
Supports 120hz at 4k , fairly good PQ overall and great VFM - the India pricing is significantly lower than the US (which is always the other round for any other TV from the big 3)
Will definitely check this option out. Thanks

I don't want to step on your toes, but you have to stretch your budget by double for a decent OLED (like LG C1) TV for your PS5. C1 has already made a great reputation within the gaming fraternity. I am expecting during Diwali; a 55" C1 should be available within 130K INR.

What are your thoughts on the BX Oled from LG. It’s significantly cheaper.

I just shifted/downgraded/side-graded to a 2021 Samsung Frame from a 2017 Sony Bravia X930e. The Frame is at least 1/2 the peak brightness of the Sony, and it doesn't have the FALD of the Sony. But, its compatible with my PS5 and RTX3080 PC and works like a charm as a gaming monitor. The 55" frame is around the 90k mark or lower depending on deals.

Back